The District Accountability Committee (DAC) is required by the Colorado Accountability Act.
Each local Board of Education is responsible for either appointing or creating a process for electing the members of a District Accountability Committee. This committee must consist of the following:
• At least three parents of students enrolled in the district
• At least one teacher employed by the district
• At least one school administrator employed by the district
• At least one person involved in business in the community within the district boundaries.
2012-2013 DAC Members:
Todd Lambert – Co-Chair
Debbie Nance – Co-Chair
• Recommending to its local school board priorities for spending school district monies
• Submitting recommendations to the local school board concerning preparation of the district’s Performance, Improvement, Priority Improvement or Turnaround plan (whichever is applicable)
• Reviewing any charter school applications received by the local school board and, if the local school board receives a charter school renewal application and upon request of the district and at the DAC’s option, reviewing any renewal application prior to consideration by the local school board
• At least annually, cooperatively determining, with the local school board, the areas and issues, in addition to budget issues, that the DAC shall study and make recommendations upon
• At its option, meeting a least quarterly to discuss whether district leadership, personnel, and infrastructure are advancing or impeding implementation of the district’s performance, improvement, priority improvement, or turnaround plan, whichever is applicable
When the DAC recommends spending priorities, it must make reasonable efforts to consult in a substantive manner with the School Accountability Committees (SACs) in the district. Likewise, in preparing recommendations for and advising on the district plan, the DAC must make reasonable efforts to consult in a substantive manner with the SACs in the district and must submit to the local school board the school performance, improvement, priority improvement and turnaround plans submitted by the SACs.
2012-2013 Meeting Dates: