The literacy curriculum facilitators' goal is to improve student learning in reading and writing through leadership in research, staff development, instructional practice, and providing resources.
The language arts facilitators will support an integral, dynamic network providing instructional leadership through systemic innovation and ongoing improvement of reading and writing pedagogy.
To ensure the quality education of all students, the language arts facilitators will:
- Collaboratively support implementation of best instructional practices in reading and writing
- Provide training on new instructional methods and strategies in reading and writing
- Provide instructional coaching to classroom teachers in reading and writing
- Facilitate textbook and curriculum adoptions in reading and writing
- Facilitate curriculum discussion groups in reading and writing
- Develop and maintain community partnerships for the improvement of reading and writing
- Assist in the development, implementation, and monitoring of reading and writing assessments
- Collaboratively develop, implement, and assess essential standards in reading and writing
- Collaboratively develop, implement, and assess innovative practices in reading and writing
- Facilitate district wide initiatives such as graduation requirements
- Be accessible
- Be fiscally responsible
- Handle each interaction with integrity, honesty, and respect