Primary Contact: Dawn Clifton, Substitute Teacher Program Coordinator
Thank you for your interest in substituting for Poudre School District. Substitute teachers and paraprofessionals play a very important role in our district.
Types of Substitutes in PSD:
Classified Substitute - replaces the classroom paraprofessional in the event of an absence. No teaching license is required for this substitute.
Licensed Substitute - replaces the regular classroom teacher in the event of an absence. This substitute must hold a Colorado Teaching License or a 3-year/5-year Colorado Substitute Authorization.
By law, licensed substitutes in Colorado must hold a Colorado Teaching License or a Colorado Substitute Authorization in order to sub for a licensed position.
For further information on licensure, please click on the following link: Colorado Educator Licensing.
Poudre School District Application Process for Substituting:
1. You must sign up to attend a required substitute orientation.
Substitute orientations are held frequently during the school year with sign up available the prior month.
Poudre School District has concluded the sub orientations for the 2012 – 2013 year. Orientations for the 2013 – 2014 school year will begin in August with sign up available mid-July through this website.
2. Attend the orientation at the designated date and time.
All orientations will take place at the Poudre School District Administration Building, located at 2407 LaPorte Avenue in Fort Collins.
Substitute applications and paperwork will be provided at the end of the orientation.
3. Complete all required paperwork and submit to Human Resources.
4. Colorado 3 year Substitute Authorization license holders:
If you hold this type of license you are required to successfully complete Poudre School District's online course, "Substitute Teacher Training."
Further information will be provided at the Substitute Orientation.
2012 - 2013 Pay for Substitutes:
Licensed Substitute Pay:
- $88.00/full day
- $44.00/half day (4 hours or less)
Licensed Substitute Pay for MOUNTAIN SCHOOLS:
- Livermore: $110/full $66.00/half
- Red Feather: $137/full $93.00/half
- Stove Prairie $110/full $66.00/half
Classified Substitute Pay:
- $9.92/hour for Non-Instructional/Clerical
- $10.43/hour for Regular Education Paraprofessional
- $11.48/hour for Special Education Paraprofessional I
- $12.41/hour for Special Education Paraprofessional II
Important Substitute links: