Poudre School District has redesigned the district website!
With input from the community this spring, PSD has worked this summer to create a new website from the ground up. In order to work on the issues identified by the community, our parents and staff, the new Poudre School
District site has been built on the Drupal framework. This free, secure, open-source Content Management System (CMS) is in use by many large organizations such as AT&T, CNN, BBC Magazines, the United Nations and the United States White House.
What does this mean for you as a parent, student or community member?
Aside from a clearer, fresh, 21st century design, the new site will feature several noteworthy features:
- Enhanced Search Capabilities: The new PSD site will now feature a very powerful, auto-suggesting search engine that searches all of the text of a page and also the files attached to it. You’ll be able to find information more quickly using the search field at the top of every web page.
- School Information and Map: In the upper right of the home page, you’ll see the improved school listing, organized by school-grade level. Choosing a school takes you to an information page with links to school web sites, addresses, phone numbers and other school information. The interactive map of schools will also be featured here.
- Online District Calendar: The home page will now feature a calendar that shows days off, teacher conferences and other important events. This box also links to a much larger, full-page interactive calendar with event descriptions.
- Spanish Translation: By implementing the extremely popular Google Translation system, PSD’s web pages can be translated by clicking the "Español" link at the top of the site, next to the search box.
- Built-in RSS Feeds, Facebook and Twitter: For those that use an RSS reader, the Drupal CMS allows subscriptions to many of PSD’s content pages. Look for the orange RSS icon to subscribe. You may also subscribe to the district’s Facebook and Twitter feeds by clicking the icons at the top.
- Embedded Flickr and YouTube Media: In many of our news items, you'll begin to see interactive slideshows from sets in PSD's Flickr gallery as well as embedded YouTube movies created by our teachers and staff.
- Tagging: As you navigate the site, you’ll see small tags, or descriptive text that categorizes a page. By clicking on a term of your choice, you’ll be able to view all pages associated with that keyword.
How do I find what I’m looking for?
While the system running the website has been moved to Drupal, the organization of the site will remain basically the same and feature familiar menu options that you’re used to.
- About Us: This area contains superintendent and board of education information, district policies, as well as a department listing and other contact information.
- Academics: This menu option will lead you to curriculum information, our educational standards, graduation requirements and learning tools.
- Employment: Job postings, applications and our hiring policies will continue to be found here.
- School Resources: This area of the site contains information about athletics, media centers and libraries, lunch menus and more.
- Community: Channel 10, the Community Learning Center, the PSD Foundation, and Volunteers and Partnerships can be found here.
There’s too much to describe on this single page!
Building this new, widely adopted system has allowed us to implement a lot of powerful, new features on the PSD site. So many in fact, that it’s difficult to describe them all here! A walkthrough of all of the new site's new features will be posted on this page soon.
Please keep in mind: As we're literally building from the ground up, you might experience a few hiccups here and there over the next week while we tweak the system. If you have questions or feedback, we'd love to hear from you. Please email us at email@example.com.
- The PSD Website Development Team