“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”
― Benjamin Franklin
Poudre School District is proud to offer the support of a well-established mentoring program to all new and beginning teachers and special service providers who hold initial licenses.
A mentor or guide will be assigned to:
- Assist with transition into Poudre School District
- Answer questions about building and district policy and procedures
- Provide support with lesson design and implementation of district curriculum and Colorado Acadmeic Standards.
- Improve understanding of required district and state assessments for students
- Act as a confidant to provide moral support
- Guide a teacher through the Colorado Induction Program (required by law to obtain a professional license)