|Students who attend a school outside of their neighborhood boundary (School Choice) can use the Space Available Transportation Application to apply for bussing. Click here for more information about Space Available transportation.|
|Students who need transportation to or from a location different than their primary address (Grandma’s house, spilt family situations, or babysitter) can use the Alternative Transportation Application to apply for bussing.|
|Students who need transportation due to a verified medical condition (broken leg, illness, etc.) can use the Medical Transportation Application to apply for bussing.|
|Students in the VOTECH program who need transportation from their high school to their VOTECH class (at either Front Range or Fossil Ridge) can use the VOTECH Transportation Application to apply for bussing.|
Once processed, your application is good for the current school year. You will need to apply every year if you still have transportation needs.
You can mail, fax, or email your application starting on August 1st. Please note the following steps:
1) Read and fill out the application completely.
2) Beginning August 1st, submit the completed application the following ways:
3) Space available applications will be processed in the order they are received starting on October 1st. All other applications will be processed as they are received.
4) Students may not ride the bus before their application is processed. Please note that it is your responsibility to provide transportation while waiting for your application to be approved.
5) Please submit a separate application for each student who needs transportation. Applications with multiple students will not be accepted.
6) You will be notified by phone when your application has been processed. Please note that it may take 4-6 weeks after October 1st to be notified for Space Available status.
Simply put, Space Available transportation is a program that is made available to familes who particpate in the School Choice program. Please see the information below:
Poudre School District board policy JFBA states: “Students may be required to furnish their own transportation to the choice school or program in which they are enrolled, unless it is determined that transportation is necessary for the District to comply with the requirements of state and federal law, including state and federal laws concerning homeless students and students with disabilities.”
The expectation from the School Choice program is that round trip transportation is the responsibility of the parents.
However, as a service to our community, we have elected to provide Space Available bussing to School Choice students who apply according to the following guidelines:
No new bus stops will be created for Space Available students. The closet bus stop to the student’s address will be offered as long as there is room on the bus. Our capacity limits can vary depending upon the age of students and type of bus.
It is the parent’s responsibility to transport their student to and from the bus stop assigned.
Preference will always be given to students who fall within the attendance boundary for the bus. This means that if more eligible students start riding a bus, Space Available students could lose transportation.
Bus loads are evaluated throughout the year and transportation assignments will be adjusted accordingly.
Several factors were taken into account when developing the current process. Here are a few major ones: