Opportunities to help PSD students, families and staff during COVID-19
To have your opportunity considered for listing on this page, please contact PSD Community Partnership Coordinator Beth Higgins at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you can support PSD community needs
- Direct donation through SchoolPay to PSD COVID-19 response efforts
- School fundraisers for specific communities
- Community fundraisers for PSD
Donate through SchoolPay for PSD COVID-19 support efforts
Proceeds from the following PSD fundraisers are donated directly to PSD, a tax-exempt governmental organization.
Please consider donating what you can to back PSD efforts to support students and families while schools are closed. Donations are accepted through SchoolPay. Transaction fees are waived for donations.
Donations go to these PSD efforts:
- Nutritious meals for kids during school closures: Donations help PSD provide free meals to students at designated meal sites. PSD families with SchoolPay accounts can transfer their current student account balance. Please email email@example.com to donate your balance.
- Student internet connectivity - Support goes toward providing internet access for remote learning to students who do not have it. Learn about PSD, community and service provider efforts on the Internet Access web page.
- PSD emergency family support - Funds go toward making a difference for students and families experiencing homelessness or who have been identified as having high needs.
School and department-based fundraisers
Check back in 2020-21!
Community fundraisers for PSD
Fundraisers hosted by outside organizations to support PSD students, families and staff during the COVID-19 crisis. We thank our community for their generosity and support at this time.
Listing contact: PSD Partnership Coordinator Beth Higgins, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fundraisers listed here meet this criteria:
- At least 50% of proceeds are donated to support PSD students, families and/or staff impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Are hosted virtually or in a format that complies with physical distancing protocols and safety recommendations/orders from health officials.
Disclaimers and notes:
- PSD will not accept donations from or promote fundraisers hosted by marijuana dispensaries.
- PSD reserves the right to not share information about an organization’s fundraiser for any reason, including if the organization is not consistent with the district’s educational values.
- Listed fundraisers have pledged that they will donate funds to PSD. However, PSD does not have control over how outside organizations distribute their funds.
PSD Foundation's Family Compassion Fund
The PSD Foundation (501c3) has created a Family Compassion Fund to support three areas of need:
- Emergency Family Relief providing basic needs like food, housing assistance and transportation
- Access to Internet and Technology for students while they engage in online distance learning
- Grab-and-Go Lunches for students while schools are closed.
Please join us in supporting our PSD community and donate at https://psdfoundation.org/donate/.