Currently, PSD facilities are not available to rent by community groups. PSD's outdoor facility spaces are open for PSD athletics use only. Each school has submitted a plan to the district that details how they will comply with COVID-19 guidance, requirements and orders regarding recreation.
Information is current as of Jan. 11, and subject to change. Information will be updated as it becomes available.
Note: Decisions around athletics follow careful consideration of the needs of student athletes, and health and safety recommendations/guidance from local and state public health officials, along with review of CHSAA guidelines.
Middle school athletics
Current plans call for middle school athletics to resume Monday, March 1, with the traditional spring sport schedule including girls softball, girls and boys golf and track and field.
If public health conditions improve dramatically between now and March 1, there is the potential of offering some competitive athletic opportunities. If middle schools are in Phase 3 Hybrid Learning, school athletic opportunities may be offered for that school day’s A or B group students. During Phase 1 Remote Learning, no on campus middle school athletics will be offered; coaches will communicate with students virtually. Updated information will be available after winter break.
High school athletics
Registering for sports
Families can register for high school sports on the PSD Athletics website. PSD coaches and athletic directors have developed health safety plans that align with guidance from CHSAA and the Larimer County Department of Health and Environment.
- The resumption of all activities and athletics are subject to change based upon changes to national, state or local guidelines.
- In PSD, there is no coach-athlete contact or practices for sports that are not in the current season being played.
The 2020-21 season will be played with a modified sports schedule with four separate sports seasons - A,B,C and D - during the school year. Each season is approximately seven weeks from start to finish with regular season competition reduced and postseason shortened. If you have questions, please reach out to your school athletic director or visit the PSD Athletics website or Colorado High School Activities Association website.
Plans for Seasons B, C and D and additional sports are below. Please note that these plans are subject to change.
- Season B (7-week season) : Ice hockey, skiing, swimming and diving, boys and girls wrestling, basketball and competitive spirit will begin practicing on Jan. 18, with competition beginning Jan. 25. See CHSAA receives variances from CDPHE and state officials for Season B. Please reach out to your coach or school athletic director with questions.
- Season C (7-week season): Boys soccer, field hockey, girls volleyball, gymnastics will start practice March 15. The first competition will be March 22 and the state championship will be May 8.
- Season C (9-week season): FCHS football - practice begins March 4 for FCHS. The first game will be around March 18 and the last possible game will be May 15.
- Season D (7-week season): Baseball, girls and boys lacrosse, girls and boys track and field, boys swim and dive, girls soccer, unified football, and unified soccer will start practice May 3. The first competition will be May 10 and the last game will be June 26.
- Girls golf season will be April 19 - June 22.
- Girls tennis will be April 26 - June 12.
Dates and plans for non-athletic activities continue to be formulated.
For the most current information about athletic, activities and events, visit the CHSAA website.
Travel cancelled through June 2021
There will be no out-of-state, work- or school-related domestic travel through June 30, 2021. PSD cannot restrict personal travel by staff or families.
Possible exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis for any educational competitions that may be held in-person during spring 2021, such as Knowledge Bowl and Science Bowl.