Information was updated April 5 and is subject to change.
PSD Facility rental/reservations: Beginning March 22, PSD outdoor facilities may be reserved by community groups. Indoor facilities will not be available for rent this spring or summer.
Note: Decisions around athletics follow careful consideration of the needs of student athletes, and health and safety recommendations/guidance from local and state public health officials, along with review of CHSAA guidelines.
PSD plans for Prom 2021
PSD schools may decide to host a prom or prom-like event in spring 2021, following the Larimer County Department of Health and Environment and Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment's guidelines for prom.
- As of March 2021, PSD's four comprehensive high schools were planning to host prom-like events outdoors.
- Those with questions about their school's plans should contact their school.
Middle school athletics
Middle school sports are returning this spring. Softball season starts Monday, March 1, followed by girls and boys golf starting on Monday, March 22 and culminating with girls and boys track starting on Monday, April 12. If you have questions or need more information, please contact the athletic director at your school.
High school athletics
Athletic events livestreamed from gyms
PSD has an agreement with the National Federation of High School Sports (NFHS) Network to stream live broadcasts of all athletics events held in PSD main high school gyms and events held in auxiliary gyms. Questions about accessing livestreams? Please contact your high school athletic office.
Spectators at athletic events (for season C)
PSD is allowed 112 spectators indoors for volleyball and gymnastics. Outdoor spectators are limited to 250 per event.
- This plan is for main gyms and varsity games/matches only. No spectators allowed in auxiliary/small gyms.
- Home team will have a gate list of approved parents, ADs will gather the parent contact information, and parents will be given assigned seats by the athletic office before the contest. Arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before the game and parents will simply get checked off the gate list, given directions to their assigned seat and be asked to stay seated unless use of restroom is needed. The home team AD will coordinate with the visiting team AD the same process for the visiting team parents. Visiting parents must have assigned seat, but the visiting team AD must keep contact information and have it available if needed. All parents must leave immediately at the conclusion of the game.
- Home and visiting spectators should be assigned seats in the bleachers opposite of the players benches and score table. Keep visiting parents socially distanced in one section of the bleachers while placing seat assignments for home parents in another section distanced from the visitor section.
- Continue with the same plan for player benches and score table that have been utilized so far this season. If possible 4-6 rows of bleachers should be pulled out so players waiting to play or having already played can socially distance in the bleachers.
- 12 cheerleaders may cheer on the floor. No visiting cheerleaders. No pep bands.
- Masks must be always worn appropriately, and they must cover the mouth and nose.
- No concessions will be sold or outside food will be allowed in the gyms.
- Based on CHSAA guidelines, spectators will be expected to leave the venue following each contest. Seated areas and the bench areas will be disinfected and sanitized before the next group of parents can enter the gymnasium. Athletic directors may determine whether to allow spectators at lower-level games or just limit to varsity games only.
- Athletic Directors of the home team are expected to have contact tracing information for all home team participants, coaches, and spectators. The visiting team AD must be able to provide contact tracing information for visiting players, coaches and spectators if needed.
Registering for sports
Families can register for high school sports on the PSD Athletics website. PSD coaches and athletic directors have developed health safety plans that align with guidance from CHSAA and the Larimer County Department of Health and Environment.
- The resumption of all activities and athletics are subject to change based upon changes to national, state or local guidelines.
- In PSD, there is no coach-athlete contact or practices for sports that are not in the current season being played.
The 2020-21 season will be played with a modified sports schedule with four separate sports seasons - A,B,C and D - during the school year. Each season is approximately seven weeks from start to finish with regular season competition reduced and postseason shortened. If you have questions, please reach out to your school athletic director or visit the PSD Athletics website or Colorado High School Activities Association website.
Plans for Seasons C and D and additional sports are below. Please note that these plans are subject to change.
- Season C (7-week season): Boys soccer, field hockey, girls volleyball, gymnastics will start practice March 15. The first competition will be March 22 and the state championship will be May 8.
- Season C (9-week season): FCHS football - practice begins March 4 for FCHS. The first game will be around March 18 and the last possible game will be May 15.
- Season D (7-week season): Baseball, girls and boys lacrosse, girls and boys track and field, boys swim and dive, girls soccer, unified football, and unified soccer will start practice May 3. The first competition will be May 10 and the last game will be June 26.
- Girls golf season will be April 19 - June 22.
- Girls tennis will be April 26 - June 12.
Find the latest updates on the Colorado High School Activities Association website. Please reach out to your school athletic director with questions.
Dates and plans for non-athletic activities continue to be formulated.
For the most current information about athletic, activities and events, visit the CHSAA website.
Travel cancelled through June 2021
There will be no out-of-state, work- or school-related domestic travel through June 30, 2021. PSD cannot restrict personal travel by staff or families.
Possible exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis for any educational competitions that may be held in-person during spring 2021, such as Knowledge Bowl and Science Bowl.