This school year will kick off with full-time, in-person education for all students. It is exciting – and somewhat hard to believe – to think that we will be together again about four weeks from now.
Late Tuesday, the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE) released updated COVID-19 guidance for PK-12 schools. Staff are reviewing guidance and consulting with the Larimer County Department of Health and Environment (LCDHE) on our plans. We will share PSD’s finalized fall protocols as soon as possible, before the start of the new school year.
Due to current health conditions and Larimer County’s success with vaccinations (almost 68% of residents ages 12 and older have at least one dose of the vaccine), you will see that some protocols are more relaxed this school year, compared with 2020-21. Keep in mind, they could become more restrictive, depending on how COVID-19 conditions may change in our county and PSD community over time.
Although all PSD protocols are not yet finalized, we can now share the following:
- PSD is strongly encouraging but not requiring staff or students to get COVID-19 vaccines. Those who are fully vaccinated (14 days from their last dose) will not be quarantined if exposed.
- PSD is a mask-friendly district. Masks are highly recommended and supported for people who are unvaccinated, following Colorado’s current public health order. PSD supports those who choose to wear masks. Depending on outbreaks or other high-risk activities, masks may be required indoors.
- Masks are required for all individuals on buses under federal order.
- We will continue hand washing and frequent cleaning.
- Individuals are encouraged to remain at least 3 feet away from non-household contacts when possible.
- Continue to self-monitor; anyone experiencing symptoms should stay home. PSD will follow CDPHE’s updated Return to Learn guidance.
- When outbreaks occur, PSD will work with LCDHE to determine the appropriate response. This could include masks indoors, additional distancing, testing, contact tracing and quarantining.
- PSD encourages use of outdoor spaces and ventilation, such as opening windows and use of box fans.
We will post the latest COVID-19 information on the PSD website. On the top of the home page, click or tap the yellow “COVID” button to see the PSD COVID Data Dashboards, Health and Safety, PSD Protocols for COVID-19 and other helpful resources.
Thank you for your continued partnership.