Families can submit a request for transportation services for the 2021-22 school year. The deadline to submit a request for bus services is Wednesday, June 30.
Please note the following:
- Submitting a request is not a guarantee of services.
- If you were receiving services at the end of the 2020-21 school year and have no changes, you do not need to submit a request for bussing in the 2021-22 school year.
- Busing is not provided for students who attend a school of choice or PSD-authorized charter school. Alternate bus applications will not be accepted for students in the walk area or to multiple addresses.
Who should submit a request?
Students who were bused in 2020-21 and have a change in information like:
- They are changing addresses from 2020-21 to 2021-22.
- They are changing schools from 2020-21 to 2021-22.
- They are moving from PSD Early Childhood Education to PSD kindergarten at a neighborhood school.
Students who did not receive busing in 2020-21 and are eligible.
- Those who submit a request must be eligible to receive busing. PSD transports students, who live within the district’s geographic boundaries, to and from their neighborhood school when their residences are in excess of the following distances from their neighborhood school (see District Policy EEAA):
- Senior high schools: 2 miles
- Middle schools: 1.5 miles
- Elementary schools: 1 mile.
Submit a request here: Bus Request 2021-22 School Year
Confirmation of a submitted request will appear on the bus request website
After submitting a request, a pop-up notification will appear on the bus request website. Please note that confirmations will not be emailed.
Need to update your application?
You can make changes to a submitted application in ParentVUE up until the June 30 deadline.
Notification of bus services between Aug. 1 and first day of school
Requests will be reviewed, and the PSD Transportation Department will notify families about whether they will receive services sometime after Aug. 1 and before the first day of school. If they are confirmed for services, they will receive their bus route information. There is not a set, single date when families can expect a response back from Transportation, as that will depend on the request and routing process over the next few months.
COVID-19 health protocols on buses fall 2021
The Transportation Department is planning currently that riders will wear masks this fall and that some seats will be left empty around those who have an approved medical mask exception. PSD will continue monitoring public health guidance and make adjustments over time.
As of May 2021, the health department has given PSD approval to place additional students per seat, compared with earlier on in the 2020-21 school year. That said, there will be some limitations due to PSD’s bus driver shortage.