Tests and student progress
PSD uses the Colorado Measures of Academic Success (CMAS) standardized tests along with other testing / assessment tools to monitor student progress throughout the year including Measures of Academic Progress (MAPs), Developmental Reading Assessments (elementary), Scholastic Reading Inventories (grades 6-12) and "common assessments" in several subjects. Find the complete list on the District and State Assessment web page.
CMAS standardized tests
Each year, students in grades 3-11 take the Colorado Measures of Academic Success standardized tests, which assess how students are meeting Colorado's academic standards in each subject and grade level.
Students are tested in four core subject areas:
- Social studies
- English language arts
Students can score in five categories:
- Exceeded expectations
- Met expectations
- Approached expectations
- Partially met expectations
- Did not yet meet expectations
Different groups of students are tested each year in each subject and at each grade level, so results comparisons from year to year at each grade level may not provide relevant information.
- CMAS 2019 English Language Arts and Mathematics Results
- CMAS 2018 English Language Arts and Mathematics Results
- CMAS PARCC 2017 English Language Arts and Math Results
- CMAS PARCC 2016 English Language Arts and Math Results
- 2015 CMAS: PARCC (ELA/Math) Scores
- 2015 CMAS: Science/Social Studies Scores
More information: Research and Evaluation web page