As a new PSD Athletic Coach or Extra Duty Sponsor, you must complete the following steps:
1. Complete new hire paperwork and background check:
- Download, complete, print and submit new hire payroll paperwork to the JSSC Human Resources/Payroll office located at 2407 Laporte Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80521. *Please note - NEW!! JSSC Summer Hours* June 3 - July 26, 2019 7:30 am- 4:30 pm Monday - Thursday Closed Fridays
- Upon submission of payroll paperwork you will undergo a background check, including fingerprinting. We do fingerprints from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- Once your paperwork and background check have been completed, your photo will be taken for your employee identification/access badge.
- As an Athletic Coach or Extra Duty Sponsor only, you will sign a contract. Your contract may or may not be ready for signature at the time you come in to take care of paperwork and fingerprints for your background check. If information has not been received from the school to generate a contract, HR will contact you when the contract is ready for you to sign. You will not start receiving your pay until the contract is signed.
2. Activate your PSD email account:
- After completion of the new hire paperwork, a welcome letter will be emailed to your personal email address with instructions for activating your PSD email account.
3. Notify your school or department that your payroll paperwork has been completed and request:
- Ordering of your employee identification/access badge
- Information regarding potential trainings
- Information regarding team meetings
- Start date, time and work schedule
4. Take necessary professional development classes/trainings
- Paid athletic coaches need to take the required trainings prior to starting with the district. Sign up for required staff development trainings (School Health and Blood Borne Pathogens; Child Abuse and Child Protection; Sexual Harassment Awareness; Time Out, Seclusion and Restraint Training; and Diversity in the Workplace) through Professional Development. You are also required to obtain certifications for First Aid, CPR/AED, and Concussion in Sports. Please follow up with your school's Athletic Director with any questions.
5. Review these additional information/resources: