Poudre School District is committed to supporting employees and promoting a healthy work/life balance in every way. As part of these efforts, PSD is excited to introduce an Integrated Health Management System (IHMS) combining all aspects of health and wellness into one approach.
The goals of this system are to:
- Support positive health practices for all employees
- Assist those at-risk, providing support to become well
- Prevent chronic health issues
- Improve health practices for people with chronic health concerns
Using a broad, holistic approach, the IHMS key services include:
- Walk-In Health Clinic
- Lifestyle Health Services
- Wellness Classes and Support
- Employee Assistance Services
With accessible, affordable care, the IHMS focuses on the whole person through coordination between medical providers, lifestyle support, wellness and mental health services.
1. Employee Health Clinic
PSD has partnered with University of Colorado Health, Associates in Family Medicine and Miramont Lifestyle Fitness to provide benefited employees and their dependents with increased access to care through an employee health clinic. Employees and dependents must be enrolled in one of the PSD health plans to be eligible for clinic services.
The walk-in clinic provides free visits with a 60 minute or less, door-to-door performance expectation. While not designed to replace existing relationships with primary care physicians, the clinic is an alternative for many non-life-threatening symptoms and services including:
- Sore throat, cold and flu
- Bladder, ear and sinus infections
- Upper respiratory infections
- Skin disorders such as acne, rashes, sunburn, insect bites, bee stings
- Minor fractures
- Minor lacerations
- Gastrointestinal disorders such as vomiting, diarrhea, heartburn, abdominal pain
- Eye infections
- Minor surgical procedures such as wart removal, ear irrigation, nail avulsion
- Minor burn care
- Mild asthma exacerbations
- Select generic medications (at no cost to member for first prescription)
Monday through Friday: 7 AM to 7 PM
Saturday: 9 AM to 5 PM
Sunday: 9 AM to 3PM
Extended evening and weekend hours allow PSD employees convenient access to the clinic in a centralized location.
Note: Physicals are offered during limited hours only. Please contact the Employee Health Clinic directly for times and to schedule an appointment.
The clinic is staffed by a nurse practitioner or physician’s assistant with oversight provided by medical directors from Associates in Family Medicine and University of Colorado Health.
Employee Clinic Contact Information
University of Colorado Health Walk-In Clinic Managed By Associates in Family Medicine
2211 S. College Avenue (near Whole Foods)
Fort Collins, CO 80525
Poudre School District is committed to fostering environments that support employee success through comprehensive wellness programming. This programming is directly related to the health and wellness needs of all employees. Examples of wellness offerings include:
- Biometric screenings
- Online health assessment
- Professional fitness assessments
- Educational wellness classes
- Onsite wellness events
- Flu shots
- PSD corporate discount rates at local fitness centers
- Health related community offerings
Because research shows a comprehensive wellness approach to life is a major contributor to academic and professional success, PSD is committed to providing employees every opportunity to work well and live well. We look forward to supporting you in your health and wellness efforts with our continually growing employee wellness program.
Visit the Wellness page for more information.
Wellness Contact Information
3. Lifestyle Health Services
The PSD Lifestyle Health Services program is available on a referral basis to assist benefited employees and dependents who are at risk for a chronic illness such as hypertension, asthma, diabetes, arthritis and bipolar disorders. The Lifestyle Health Services program provides support tools to improve nutrition, fitness and overall health. The medical services provided through the Lifestyle Health Services program are completely voluntary and confidential.
With support from United Medical Alliance and the University of Colorado Health and Wellness team, the Lifestyle Health Services available upon referral include:
- Health assessments with a wellness coordinator
- Individualized care plans
- Nutrition, health and exercise coaching
- Connection to and/or coordination with the primary care physician
- Coordination with Employee Assistance Services for mental health support
Lifestyle Health Services Contact Information:
Miramont Lifestyle Fitness (next to the Employee Health Clinic)
2211 South College Avenue, Suite 300, Fort Collins, CO 80525
4. Employee Assistance Services (EAS)
Poudre School District offers its employees and household family members Employee Assistance Services (EAS) to help cope with the demands and stresses of life. The staff at EAS is available with problem-solving strategies and mental health counseling services to help employees solve personal issues and move forward in a positive, healthy manner.
EAS counseling services are confidential. It is not necessary to participate in the District’s benefits plan(s) to be eligible for EAS services.
All services provided by the EAS team are free of charge to District employees and their household family members. Each individual is allowed five sessions per problem, per plan year, to visit with an EAS counselor.
Types of problems that EAS can address:
- Balancing work and life
- Marriage and family issues
- Job-related concerns
- Change and transitions
- Loss and grief
- Depression and anxiety
- Chemical dependency
- Financial referrals
- Planning support for short-term mental health leave
Treatment Planning and Referrals
If employees and their family members are on a PSD health plan and they require more extended care, EAS is the connection to in-network benefits. EAS provides assessment, treatment planning and referrals to in-network providers.
Confidentiality is assured at EAS. All patients are protected by strict state and federal laws and regulations, as well as professional ethical standards for counselors. The EAS counselors may not release any details regarding patient discussions without prior written approval from the patient. State law requires reporting of child/elder abuse or neglect and certain situations of danger to self or others. Confidentiality will be fully discussed at your first appointment.
EAS Contact Information
2850 McClelland Drive, Suite 2200, Fort Collins, CO 80525
Integrated Health Management Services Partners:
- Poudre School District
- University of Colorado Health
- Miramont Lifestyle Fitness
- Associates in Family Medicine
United Medical Alliance