Congratulations on your employment with Poudre School District!
Here's what to do next:
Primary Contact:Courtney Rickard, Human Resources Technician
As a new Athletic Coach or Extra Duty Sponsor to PSD you must complete the following steps:
1. Complete new hire paperwork and background check:
- Download, complete, print and submit new hire payroll paperwork to the Human Resources/Payroll office located at 2407 Laporte Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80521.
- Upon submission of payroll paperwork you will undergo a background check, including fingerprinting. We conduct fingerprints during the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays.
- Once your paperwork and background check have been completed, your photo will be taken for your employee identification/access badge.
- As an Athletic Coach or Extra Duty Sponsor only, you will need to sign a contract. Your contract may or may not be ready for signature at the time you come in to take care of your paperwork and fingerprints. If information has not been received from the school to generate a contract, HR will contact you when the contract is ready for you to sign. You will not start receiving your pay until the contract is signed.
2. Activate your PSD email account:
- After completion of the new hire paperwork, a welcome letter will be emailed to the personal email address you provided with instructions on how to activate your PSD email account.
3. Contact your school or department to notify them your payroll paperwork has been completed and request the following:
- Ordering of your employee identification/access badge
- Information regarding potential trainings
- Information regarding team meetings
- Start date, time and work schedule
4. Take necessary professional development classes/trainings
- Paid athletic coaches will need to take the required trainings prior to starting with the district. Sign up for required staff development trainings (School Health and Blood Borne Pathogens; Child Abuse and Child Protection; Sexual Harassment Awareness; Time Out, Seclusion and Restraint Training; and Diversity in the Workplace) using Avatar, the online Professional Development Management System. Please note, you will need your PSD email/username and password to log into the Avatar system. You will also be required to obtain certifications for First Aid, CPR/AED, and Concussion in Sports. Please follow up with your school’s Athletic Director with any questions.
5. Review the following additional information/resources: