Welcome New Educators!
You're Hired! What's Next?
Primary Contact: Karen Boyne, Human Resources
New Educator Flyer 2015-2016 - Contains critical and essential information to start your employment in PSD:
- August 11, 2015 Back to School Orientation for all new teachers and special service providers to PSD
- Integrated Services (Special Education) Educators Training
- Important "To Dos"
- Payroll, Benefits, Contracts & Highly Qualified Status
- Mentoring & Induction
- FAQs & More!
1. Letter of Intent to Employ - A letter of intent will be emailed to the email address you listed on your application within a week of Human Resources receiving notification that you have accepted a position. The letter will include information on the documents required in order for your contract to be processed. You must sign and return the Letter of Intent to HR and complete all the requirements before a contract will be issued.
2. Colorado Teacher or Special Services License - Make sure that you have applied for your Colorado license. Depending on the time of year, it can take a month or more for processing of licenses, so apply as quickly as you can. Log on to the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) website for license application information.
3. New Hire Payroll Paperwork - Download, complete, print and submit new hire payroll paperwork to the Human Resources/Payroll office located at 2407 LaPorte Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80521. Upon submission of payroll paperwork your photo will be taken for your employee identification/access badge. During this time you may also submit other documents required to start your contract (per the Letter of Intent).
4. Activate your PSD email account - After completion of new hire paperwork, a welcome letter will be emailed to the personal email address you provided with instructions on how to activate your PSD email account.
5. Review Benefits Information - If your position includes benefits, an eligibility notice will be mailed to you with instructions on how to enroll in one of the benefits plans along with information regarding plan options. Eligibility notices for new hires will be sent on July 6, 2015. For more information about benefits visit the Newly Eligible Employees webpage.
7. Employment Contract - You will receive an employment contract after your employment has been approved by the Board of Education. Due to high volume and processing time you will likely not receive your contract until August. Your contract will be sent via your PSD email address. It is very important to immediately return a signed copy of your contract to Human Resources.
8. PSD has a well-established mentoring program that offers support to all new and beginning teachers and special service providers in PSD. Visit the Mentoring Program website for more information.
9. Mark your calendar and plan to attend the All Staff Convocation on Monday August 17, 2015 at 7:30 a.m. at the Ranch at Budweiser Event Center. Please see your school or work location for more details.
10. Review the following additional information/resources:
- Important Payroll Information
- Employee Online - access to employee payroll portal
- Employee Agreement
- Employee/Staff website (link to job descriptions, IT information, forms, resources, etc.)
- 2015-2016 Student and Teacher Calendar
- Link to IT Helpdesk Online
- Leave Information and Absence Reporting
- You're Hired! What's Next? (printable version)