CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR NEW LICENSED POSITION IN PSD!
New Educator Flyer 2016-2017 - Contains critical and essential information to start your employment in PSD.
August 9, 2016: PSD Educator Orientation for all teachers and special service providers hired for 2016-2017
Integrated Services (Special Education) Educators Training
Important "To Dos"
Payroll, Benefits, Contracts & Highly Qualified Status
Mentoring & Induction
FAQs & More!
YOU MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING IMPORTANT STEPS:
1. Licensed Employment Information: You will receive an email from Human Resources to the address listed in our application system within a week of being hired. It will include information about your assignment.
2. Background Check: Complete the PSD-required background check online through Sterling Background Check Company (via this link - you are responsible for the fee associated with the background check). You must complete this background check before submitting new hire/payroll paperwork.
3. Submit the following to Human Resources/Payroll:
Colorado Teaching or Special Services License - Provide a copy of your educator license or an application receipt. If you do not have a valid Colorado educator license, submit your application immediately. Depending on the time of year, it can take a month or more for processing of licenses, so apply as quickly as you can. Log on to the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) website for license application and additional information.
Original official transcripts - PSD does not require applicants to submit transcripts as apart of the application process. You must submit original, official, transcripts, showing all conferred degrees, to Human Resources, by:
Official electronic transcripts from your university, securley mailed to email@example.com or
Original, official hardcopies mailed to Karen Keller-Boyne, 2407 LaPorte Ave, Fort Collins, CO 80521
Content exam results: Please submit copies of your content exam results (PLACE, PRAXIS, etc.)
New Hire/Payroll Paperwork: Download, complete, print, and submit new hire/payroll paperwork in person to the address below. Printed packets are available at the same address. You may also submit other documents listed above to start your employment at this time. If you wish to complete your paperwork here in the office, please arrive at least 45 minutes prior to closing. When you submit this paperwork, your photo will be taken for your employee identification/access badge. You must bring:
- driver's license or state-issued photo ID card AND
- social security card OR original birt certificate
(or certified copy of birth certificate) OR current US passport or certificate of US citizenship AND
- voided check or savings deposit slip for mandatory direct deposit
4. PSD Email: After your paperwork has been processed, a welcome letter with your employee ID number and new PSD email address will be sent to you at the email address you listed on your new hire/payroll paperwork. This letter will provide you with instructions and a link to activate your PSD email account.
5. Salary Placement: Placement on the salary schedule is determined by education and experience.
Education "Lane"- Transcripts
New PSD licensed employees are initially placed at the "lane" corresponding to the highest degree for which we have recieved original, official transcripts conferring the degree. For lane movement for additional credits beyond your highest completed degree, you will need to complete a Lane Change-New Licensed Employees Application. Information regarding PSD's Lane Change Policy and the directions can be found in the employee agreement.
Experience "Step" - Verification of Experience
New PSD licensed employees are awarded up to 9 years of verifiable service credit for related previous experience (except in hard-to-fill or high needs areas.) Forward by mail or email the Verification of Experience Form (VOE) to previous employers; upon receipt of VOE forms, appropriate experience credit will be issued for placement on the salary schedule. VOE forms must be received in our HR office no later than October 15 or 60 days from the date of hire, whichever is later, to receive experience credit for the current school year. If received later than October 15 or 60 days from the date of hire, salary credit will not be awarded until the following school year and will not be retroactive to your start date.
6. Medical/Health Benefits: Review the benefits website. If you are eligible to receive benefits, you will receive a notice of eligibilty emailed to you.
7. Employment contract: You will receive an employment contract after your employment has been approved by the Board of Education. For returning probationary employees, this will be sometime in July. New employees may not receive contracts until late in August. Contracts will be sent to your PSD email address. It is very important to immediately sign it and return it to Human Resources.
8. Get familiar with important PSD resources (all available online):
- Important Payroll Information
- Employee Online - access to employee payroll portal
- Employee Agreement
- Employee/Staff website (link to job descriptions, IT information, forms, resources, etc.)
- 2016-17 Student and Teacher Calendar
- Link to IT Helpdesk Online
- Leave Information and Absence Reporting
- Mentoring Program
- Integrated Health/Wellness Program
- PSD Curriculum
- Teaching and Learning Framework
- District Policies
- You're Hired! What's Next? (printable version)
Johannsen Support Services Center (JSSC)
Address: 2407 LaPorte Ave Fort Collins, CO 80521
Office hours: 7:30am-4:30pm (during the school year), 7:30am-4:00pm (during summer break)
Human Resources: (970) 490-3488
Laura Stamper - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Teaching or Special Services Licensure/Endorsements
- Lane Change Policy
- Highly Qualified Questions
Karen Keller-Boyne - email@example.com
- Salary Placement
- Degree Transcripts
Courtney Rickard - firstname.lastname@example.org
- New Hire Paperwork
Christina Erickson- email@example.com