Poudre School District has been hard at work making improvements at schools and facilities across the district that will benefit students, staff and the community. Major summer construction projects at several schools included updating heating and ventilation systems, roofing projects, new flooring, window and door replacements, installation of early childhood restrooms at five elementary schools and more.
In addition, two new 26’ X 34’ video score boards were installed at district stadiums, and the French Field press box was completely remodeled.
These projects and improvements were made possible thanks to the $375 million bond and $8 million mill levy override approved by voters in November 2016. With these funds, PSD is committed to completing $40 million in facility improvements at schools over the next two to three years.
The bond also pays for building three new schools and a transportation maintenance facility. PSD recently celebrated the opening of the new Bamford Elementary School in the southeast part of the district. Two new middle/high schools are also being built - one in Wellington and another in Timnath, which includes an additional district athletics complex that was recently completed. Progress continues at the new north transportation maintenance facility.
Work continued across PSD as staff prepared buildings and classrooms for students to return to school this fall and as Bamford Elementary hosted its grand opening for families.
Two fifth graders present a tour of Bamford in this PSD TV video:
These drone photos feature Wellington Middle-High School, Timnath Middle-High School and the Transportation Maintenance Facility.
2021 summer projects included:
- Ongoing work at Bamford
- New carpet at Lesher Middle School
- Early childhood restrooms installed at Bennett, Kruse, Harris, Laurel, and Putnam elementary schools
- Roof replacement at Johnson Elementary School
- Roof recoating at Kruse, Laurel and McGraw elementary schools
- Poudre High School’s main hallways received new vinyl flooring
- Fort Collins High School's west-side pedestrian bridges were refurbished
- Rocky Mountain High School received a new heating and ventilation system to serve classrooms
- Building automation controls completed at PHS and RMHS, Timnath Elementary School and Blevins Middle School.
- Fire alarms replaced at Cache La Poudre and Lincoln middle schools, FCHS, PHS and Traut Elementary School
- Preston Middle School’s administrative office was remodeled
- Lopez Elementary School exterior windows and doors were replaced
- At Stove Prairie Elementary, a new wall was constructed and built-in lunch tables were installed
- Timnath Middle-High School hosted a beaming event as the last metal beam was placed during construction
What can you expect in the fall?
- PSD Executive Director of Operations Matt Bryant and staff will present an update to the Board of Education.
- The transportation facility should be completed near the end of September.
- The final touches at Bamford will be completed.
Learn more about PSD’s mill and bond initiatives, new facilities, and other projects on the New Schools and Facilities Improvements web page.
Thank you, community!
Our students in Northern Colorado deserve the best, and PSD is grateful to the community for their ongoing support!