The Board of Education voted June 22, 2022 to approve changes to the 2022-23 school year calendar previously approved by the board in January 2022. The revised 2022-23 calendar is available here. Here is a summary of the changes:
What didn’t change:
- Scheduled student days.
- There is a transition day on Aug. 15 for students in grades 6 and 9. The first day of school for all students is still Aug. 16.
- Fall break (Nov. 21-25) and spring break (March 12-17) will still be five days.
- Most PSD Board of Education (BOE) meetings take place on the second and fourth Tuesday of the month, according to board policy. Several meetings are now scheduled for the first and third Tuesdays.
- In 2023, PSD will observe the federal holidays of Martin Luther King Jr. Day (Jan 16.) and Juneteenth (June 19) by closing schools and district offices. Honoring these significant days is part of PSD’s ongoing commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- All schools and district offices will be closed to the public Dec. 23-Jan 3 and July 3-7. District offices have been closed to the public during these dates previously but are now codified in the calendar so our community is aware and can plan for requesting district support. These are not added holidays; staff who are scheduled to work will do so unless they take time off.
Thank you for your continued partnership. We hope that you have some opportunities to rest and recharge so far this summer.