Dear PSD Community,
This is an announcement that Poudre School District, including all schools, will now be closed Nov. 22-23. School and district offices will not be open to the public. This change means that fall break is now Nov. 22-26.
PSD’s decision, which aligns with those made by districts along the Front Range, was made for a couple of reasons.
First, we anticipate significant staffing shortages close to the fall break. Simply put, there aren’t enough people to provide the coverage needed to care for students across the district.
At the same time, we know that many of our staff, students and families are facing unique challenges. People are feeling worn down or downright exhausted. Our hope is that these days off provide some opportunities for respite.
Key need-to-know information:
- Students should take anything they need over the break home by Friday, Nov. 19.
- Any currently enrolled PSD student may get free meals from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Nov. 22-23 at Eyestone Elementary School in Wellington; or Rocky Mountain High School, Fossil Ridge High School, Poudre High School or Fort Collins High School in Fort Collins. Each day, they can expect to pick up lunch with breakfast for the next day. Mobile meal buses will be parked at designated locations in the communities we serve. For locations, visit the School Meals web page. Meals will not be served Nov. 24-26.
- AlphaBEST will provide childcare from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Nov. 22-24 at O’Dea and Werner elementary schools in Fort Collins. Services will not be available Nov. 25-26. Families who have not used AlphaBEST before can sign up for some or all days. Visit the AlphaBEST website for more information.
- The Fort Collins and Wellington Boys & Girls Clubs will be open November 22-24 from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Youth ages 6-18 are welcome to attend. Club membership is $20 per child, per year.
- Fort Collins Club,1608 Lancer Dr., Fort Collins - Club Director Tyler Cobb (970-484-5198)
- Wellington Club, 8445 3rd Street, Wellington - Club Director Megan Hale (970-568-7338)
- All community facility rentals will be canceled Nov. 22-23.
- All activities, extracurriculars, events and athletics (competitions and practices) are canceled Nov. 22-23. Practices will happen as planned, unless otherwise communicated by coaches, Nov. 24, 26 and 27.
- The Nov. 23 Board of Education meetings will proceed, as planned.
Thank you for your continued partnership.
Note: This message does not apply to PSD-authorized charter schools, which manage their own operations. Families of PSD-authorized charters should contact their school directly with questions.