Poudre School District students, staff and volunteers kicked off the holiday spirit by collecting frozen turkeys, hams, chickens and non-perishable food items for local families during the PSD Turkey Round Up held at schools, district buildings and community sites Nov. 19.
The annual event benefits the Food Bank for Larimer County to help provide holiday meals for families and community members who may need assistance.
The PSD community collected a grand total of 1,976 frozen turkeys, 1,178 other food donations and an $3,492 for the food bank.
Bamford Elementary School collected the most turkeys in PSD with a whopping total of 263 turkeys!
Other top turkey-drive schools included:
- Bacon Elementary School – 241 turkeys
- Preston Middle School – 189 turkeys
- Shepardson Elementary School – 147 turkeys
- Zach Core Knowledge School – 131 turkeys
- Johnson Elementary School – 125 turkeys
- Fossil Ridge High school – 124 turkeys
To see more photos, visit PSD Facebook.