Poudre School District is offering two QPR suicide prevention trainings for parents this fall.
QPR is a 1 ½ hour training that teaches warning signs for suicide and the three-step QPR (Question, Persuade and Refer) method, including how to listen and ask someone about their potential suicide intent.
The training covers:
• Warning signs and how to recognize someone at risk for suicide
• Intervention skills
• Referral resources within PSD and the Fort Collins community
• Myth and facts about suicide
• Suicide as a local and national public health concern
• Other skills to assist a person at risk of suicide
Suicide Prevention trainings will be held 6 to 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, October 2, and 6 to 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, November 27. Both trainings will be held in the Media Center at Rocky Mountain High School, 1300 W. Swallow.
The training is free but registration is required. To register, contact Mellisa Romero at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 490-3264.