See below for information about high school summer school and enrichment programs this summer.
STEM-X 2019 summer programs - apply now for June sessions
(formerly the STEM Institutes)
STEM-X sparks passion, builds confidence, inspires action. Courses offered in summer 2019 will include:
- how animals communicate
- music and beat production
- aerospace exploration
- underwater robotics
- science of Harry Potter
- technical theater and more!
STEM-X programs will be offered at these schools:
- Poudre High School: June 3-7 (for students entering grades 1st-9th)
- Shepardson Elementary: June 10-14 (for students entering grades 1st-3rd)
- Webber Middle School: June 10-14 & June 17-21 (for students entering grades 4th-5th)
- Preston Middle School: June 10-14 & June 17-21 (for students entering grades 6th-9th)
For complete details and registration, visit the STEM-X website at www.STEM-X.org.
Summer in the City deadline is May 15 (or when spots are filled)
Summer in the City is open to students in grades 9-11 and will be held June 10-13. Applications will be accepted until May 15 or until all spots are filled.
This short-term summer camp and service learning program offers high school students the chance to learn more about how their city works, explore possible career paths and learn about ways to be civically engaged. Students get behind-the-scenes tours of City Hall, Fort Collins Police Services, and Water Treatment Facilities. They also get to meet the mayor, city council members and other city leaders.
High School Summer School at PHS Begins June 10
Students taking online courses can start May 1
The Summer School website has complete forms and information regarding classes, registration and payment. Students can pay and register at their school's counseling office. Students should check with their counselor to make sure they are taking the correct class.
- In class courses will be held June 10-July 3 at Poudre High School, 201 Impala Drive.
- Online courses can begin May 1.
Registration dates and locations:
- March 21-June 5: Students should register at their home school counseling office after speaking with their counselor about their course needs.
- June 5-10: Students should visit Centennial High School, 330 E. Laurel Street, to register for summer school classes.
- June 10: Students may register on the first day of summer school classes at Poudre High School. Be sure to arrive before 8 a.m.
• Cost per class = $175
• Free and reduced students = $135 (Request to Reduce Tuition Form required)
• Out-of-district students = $215
• All payments are due at the time of registration.
• Payment must be made before online classes will be activated.