Poudre School District will honor graduating seniors who have reached an educational milestone in their lives during commencement exercises in May.
PSD’s four comprehensive high schools will hold commencement May 24 and 25 at Moby Arena, 951 W. Plum St., on the campus of Colorado State University. This year’s ceremonies will be streamed live online on the Poudre School District YouTube channel.
Graduations at Moby Arena:
• Fossil Ridge High School – 6:30 p.m., Friday, May 24 (Moby doors open at 5:15 p.m.)
• Rocky Mountain High School – 9 a.m., Saturday, May 25 (Moby doors open at 7:45 a.m.)
• Fort Collins High School – 1 p.m., Saturday, May 25 (Moby doors open at 11:45 a.m.)
• Poudre High School – 5:30 p.m. Saturday, May 25 (Moby doors open at 4:15 p.m.)
See below for information about Moby Arena.
Graduations at the Lincoln Center, 417 W. Magnolia:
• General Education Development (GED) and Opportunities Unlimited Program: 6 p.m. Tuesday, May 21
• PSD Global Academy (blended-learning school): 7 p.m. Wednesday, May 22 at the Lincoln Center Canyon West
• Poudre Community Academy: 9:30 a.m. Thursday, May 23 at the Lincoln Center Performance Hall
• Polaris Expeditionary Learning School: 12:30 p.m., Thursday, May 23 at the Lincoln Center Performance Hall
• IB Convocation: 3:30 p.m., Thursday, May 23 at the Lincoln Center Performance Hall
• Centennial High School: 7 p.m., Thursday, May 23, at the Lincoln Center Performance Hall
• Community Connections (a transition program for students with disabilities): 10 a.m. Monday, May 13 at 2407 Laporte Avenue
• Project Search (career development program for students with disabilities): 5:30 p.m Tuesday, May 21 at the Drake Centre, 802 W. Drake Road
• Cooper Home (a transition support program for students with developmental disorders): 1 p.m. Wednesday, May 22 at Cooper Home (217 E. Swallow Road)
CSU Moby Arena information:
Clear Bag Policy: CSU’s security policy states that clutch bags smaller than 4.5” by 6.5” (about the size of a hand) are permitted. All other bags must be clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and cannot be bigger than 12 inches wide, 12 inches tall and 6 inches deep. One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags are also permitted, as are seat cushions with soft, flexible frames and without frames or pockets.
Other prohibited items: CSU’s security policy also prohibits strollers, bicycles and selfie sticks.
Metal detection screenings will also be required at this year’s ceremonies at Moby Arena.
Parking / Directions / CSU map: Parking is available at several locations 1½ hours prior to each ceremony. Lot "195" next to Moby Arena will be available. If that lot fills up, parking is available in the LSC parking lot (310) or at the Morgan Library (425). Please be aware that some parking spaces are metered.
Reserved Seating: Families are not allowed to reserve a large number of seats using tape or signs to block off sections. Seating at Moby Arena is on a first-come, first-served basis. Moby doors will open one hour and fifteen minutes prior to each ceremony.
Handicapped Seating: The first two rows on both the north and south sides of Moby Arena are reserved for guests with disabilities. One family member may accompany each person with a disability and sit nearby on the second row. Additional family members may sit in other non-reserved sections. Wheelchairs will not be provided at the ceremonies.
Hearing Impaired Guests: Sign language interpreters will be present. Guests who are hearing impaired are asked to sit in Section N on the south side.
Translation: A Spanish interpreter will be present. Guests who prefer Spanish are asked to sit in Section M on the south side.
Air Conditioning: Moby Arena is fully air-conditioned.
Concessions: Concessions will not be sold at the ceremonies.
Noisemakers, Balloons, Other Distractions: Please leave Silly String, noisemakers, air horns, beach balls and any other distractions at home. If brought in, security staff will confiscate the items and not return them.