Poudre School District added 176 students this school year, marking another year of growing enrollment.
“It is so exciting to welcome new students to our schools,” PSD Superintendent Dr. Sandra Smyser said. “PSD’s continued growth speaks to our thriving communities and the trust families have in the dedicated educators working with students across the district.”
As of the October count, an annual point-in-time measurement conducted for the state of Colorado, PSD’s enrollment had reached 27,291, an increase of 0.64 percent compared to the previous year. When including all K-12 students, students enrolled in PSD-authorized charter schools, early childhood education students and students in other district programs, PSD’s enrollment totals 30,754.
Across the state, Colorado schools saw enrollment rise by approximately 0.2 percent this school year. PSD is the ninth-largest school district in the state.
Enrollment at Colorado’s ten largest school districts
These enrollment totals include all students within a district, including those attending district-authorized charter schools.
1. Denver Public Schools (92,112 students)
2. Jefferson County Public Schools (84,048)
3. Douglas County School District (67,305)
4. Cherry Creek Schools (56,172)
5. Aurora Public Schools (40,088)
6. Adams 12 Five Star Schools (38,707)
7. St. Vrain Valley School District (32,855)
8. Boulder Valley School District (31,000)
9. Poudre School District (30,754)
10. Academy School District 20 (26,603)