Congratulations to the outstanding seniors below who have excelled academically and earned notable scholarships!
U.S. Military Academy Appointments and ROTC Scholarships
- Kane Menezes, Fort Collins High School - US Naval Academy
- Joseph Kinerson, Rocky Mountain High School - US Air Force Academy
- Brice Garner, Rocky Mountain High School - US Merchant Marines Academy
- Samantha Nagel, Rocky Mountain High School - National Naval ROTC Scholarship
National Merit Scholar Program
National Merit Scholars score in the top 1% academically. Three types of National Merit Scholarships are awarded: a one-time $2,500 award, a corporate-sponsored achievement scholarship or a college-sponsored merit scholarship. National Merit Scholars earn this elite designation through a two-year testing and application process.
This list includes National Merit Scholar Finalists: National Merit Scholars are selected from the finalists group. It is updated as high schools notify us of students selected.
- Mia Anderson, Compass Community Collaborative School
- Henry Cafaro, Fort Collins High School
- Ryan Mantey, Ridgeview Classical School
- Marcus Becker, Rocky Mountain High School
- Renata Orsi, Rocky Mountain High School
- Katherine DeMaret, Rocky Mountain High School
National Hispanic Scholar
The College Board’s National Hispanic Recognition Program recognizes about 5,000 of the 250,000 Hispanic/Latino juniors who take college board tests. The recognition is an exceptional academic honor.
- Naaman Rivera, Fossil Ridge High School
- Nicolas Kulisheck-Lopez, Poudre High School
- Sophia Geary, Rocky Mountain High School
- Jackson Hicks, Rocky Mountain High School
- Joseph Kinerson, Rocky Mountain High School
- Karla Pineda Velez, Rocky Mountain High School
- Christian Saavedra, Rocky Mountain High School
Daniels Fund Scholarship
PSD seniors who have demonstrated strong character and a determination to succeed in life have been named Daniels Scholars and receive funding to attend the college or university of their choice. The Daniels Scholarship is a supplemental scholarship to all other financial resources, including the family contribution, available to the student. After other financial aid resources have been applied, the Daniels Scholarship covers the remaining expenses. Students also receive a laptop and printer.
- Teagan Janssen, Fort Collins High School
- Garrit Wilson, Rocky Mountain High School
- Jeremiah (JJ) Woollenweber, Rocky Mountain High School