Student teacher candidates (individuals enrolled in a teacher preparation program who are attempting to secure their culminating field experience) are required to submit a Poudre School District Student Teacher application in Applitrack. Requests to student teach in the district are only accepted from a sponsoring university/college. Student teachers are asked not to contact individual teachers or building administrators to obtain information for a student teaching placement.
The following information must be submitted to PSD through Applitrack before a student teacher will be considered for placement:
- Select Student Teacher Pool on STEP 4 of the online application
- Personal Information
- Educational information
- Cover Letter
- Respond to questions related to teaching
- School preferences
Once your application is complete and submitted, Poudre School District will organize all efforts between your university and placement opportunities within PSD schools to determine a specific student teaching placement. Successful completion of the Student Teacher Application does not guarantee placement.
- You should not contact schools, principals, or teachers about student teaching
- Respond promptly to any communication you receive from the district
- Always keep your email contact information current