PSD health services are provided according to Colorado Department of Education guidelines and as directed by the PSD Board of Education. Health records are maintained by schools and are kept in the student's cumulative and/or health folder.
Fourteen nurses serve all PSD schools. Each school also has a health tech.
More information is below about:
- Food Allergies
- Vision and Hearing
- Attendance/Student Illness Guidelines
- Head Lice Guidelines/Treatment
- Immunization Requirements
- Parent Consent for Taking Medication at School
- Health Care Action Plans
- Related Board Policies
PSD 2021-22 COVID information:
- COVID-19 vaccines are not required for staff and students, but highly encouraged, for those who are eligible. For more information about the COVID-19 vaccine, fact sheets and appointments, please visit the PSD COVID Vaccine web page or the Larimer County Department of Health and Environment website.
- Medical mask exemptions in PSD: Effective Aug. 5, 2021, masks are required in PSD buildings for students, staff and visitors, regardless of COVID-19 vaccination status. Masks are not required while outside. There may be some limited and rare circumstances when students with disabilities or certain medical conditions may not be able to wear a face covering. For that reason, PSD has a process in place for medical mask exemption requests to be considered.
- A PSD medical mask exemption is not meant to cover students with disabilities or certain medical conditions for whom wearing a face covering might only be difficult or whose disability does not prevent them from wearing a face covering or wearing a face covering safely.
- If you believe your child is unable to wear a face covering, please fill out this request form. It must be signed by a licensed healthcare provider.
- Completed request forms should be returned to your school principal. Your school principal will then work with you on your child’s individual needs and provide options or alternatives to the face covering requirement if a medical exemption is warranted.
PSD recognizes the needs of the growing number of PSD students with potentially life-threatening food allergies and harmful food intolerances. As public educators, PSD recognizes its responsibility to develop an appropriately safe environment for students with life-threatening food allergies. Please see the PSD Food Allergy Guidebook webpage for complete information and resources.
2. Vision and hearing:
As required by CDE guidelines, vision and hearing of students in kindergarten, first, second, third, fifth, seventh, and ninth grades, or of all students in comparable age groups are referred for testing, are tested during the school year. Special attention is also given to, communicable diseases, and the health needs of special needs students are monitored.
3. Attendance guidelines:
- Head Injury Concussion Notification and Communication
4. Head lice guidelines and treatment:
- Head Lice - Guidelines (Spanish version: Head Lice Guidelines Es)
- Head Lice - Checklist for Treatment (Spanish version: Head Lice Treatment Checklist Es)
- School-Required Immunizations
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment Parent Letter (2021-22) | Letter Translations (CDPHE)
- For more information and to see a table of PSD MMR immunization and exemption rates by school, please visit the PSD Immunization web page.
6. Consent for taking medication at school:
- Authorization to Administer Medicine (Spanish version: Authorization to Administer Medicine Es)
- Carry and Self-Administer Asthma/Allergy Medicine (Spanish version: Carry and Self-Administer Asthma/Allergy Med Es)
- Carry and Self-Administer Medicine - High School (Spanish version: Carry and Self-Administer High School Es)
7. Medical marijuana
8. Health care action plans:
- Health Care Action Plan - Basic - (Spanish version - Health Care Action Plan Basic)
- Health Care Action Plan - Allergies
- Health Care Action Plan - Asthma
- Health Care Action Plan - Migraines - (Spanish version - Health Care Action Plan Migraines)
- Health Care Action Plan - Seizure Disorder - (Spanish version - Health Care Action Plan Seizure Disorder)