Hearing Screening Protocol:
- Students with a known hearing loss have their hearing screened yearly at school or have a yearly complete diagnostic hearing evaluation in the sound booth.
- Students with normal hearing have their hearing screened at school in PS, K, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 7th, and 9th grade.
- If you would like an additional hearing screening, hearing evaluation, or auditory processing evaluation performed please contact Mary Beth Bramel, Au.D. 970-490-3072 to determine the appropriate next step.
Who receives PSD Audiology Services? All students/children ages birth to 21 (within the school district and community). PSD Audiology does not provide services once a student has graduated from high school.
Services provided by the Educational Audiologist:
- Conducts comprehensive diagnostic hearing evaluations and (Central) Auditory Processing Disorder (CAPD) evaluations in the sound booth.
- Attends IEP and 504 meetings for students with educationally significant hearing loss.
- Manages FM systems/hearing aids/cochlear implants throughout the school district.
- Oversees the district hearing screening program.
- Counsels/works with parents, students, and school staff in regards to hearing related information.
Services Provided by the Educational Audiologist Assistant:
- Conducts hearing screenings throughout the district.
- Manages hearing screening results and sends appropriate student referrals to families/PSD nurses.