The commitment to "Educate...Every Child, Every Day" includes understanding the diversity that everyone brings to PSD as a whole, to schools, athletic teams, extra-curricular clubs, activitie and events. PSD strives to support individuals within the district, as well as to the communities in Fort Collins, LaPorte, Timnath, Wellington, Stove Prairie, and Red Feather. The Equity and Diversity Process Map details how PSD affirms student, staff, and community diversity and moves all students toward equitable educational opportunities.
PSD diversity and equity support includes:
- Individual student, family, and community concerns and support regarding equity and diversity in the broad PSD community
- Support for diverse student leadership groups
- Training, coaching, and support in culturally relevant curriculum, assessment, instructional stratgies, materials, and tasks
- Professional Development Courses for PSD staff.
- Liaison between PSD and Colorado State University's Cultural Centers to engage PSD students in programming such as Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebrations, Cesar Chavez Student Awards, and student mentoring programs such as GPS and PALS