Applications for the 2019-20 School Year
Please read the following before submitting an application:
- You only need to fill out the School of Choice transportation application if your student is attending a school as a School Choice student for the 2019-20 school year.
- Students eligible for busing DO NOT need to fill out an application. To find out if your student is eligible, visit the Rider Eligibility web page.
- Students attending Kinard, Traut, Polaris and PGA schools are not eligible for busing services.
You may submit bus applications beginning June 1. Once processed, applications are valid for the current school year only. Applications must be submitted every year if you have transportation needs.
How to submit an application
Fill out the application completely. Submit a separate application for each student needing transportation. Applications with multiple students will not be accepted. Students may not ride the bus before their application is approved. Until then, parents are responsible for providing transportation.
To submit an application:
- Submit a separate application for each student needing transportation.
- Download and save the electronic application (linked below)
- Fill out the saved application, save it, and attach it to email.
- Email application to: email@example.com (allow up to 6 weeks for processing, due to amount of applications in the queue.)
- You may also print and submit the application by mail to Transportation Services at 2407 LaPorte Avenue, Fort Collins, CO 80521
Transportation applications are now available
School choice applications
School Choice busing is offered on a space available basis to School Choice students who apply. Families who participate in the School Choice program are expected to provide their student's transportation to school until their application is approved.
District policy JFBA states - "Students may be required to furnish their own transportation to the choice school or program in which they are enrolled, unless it is determined that transportation is necessary for the District to comply with the requirements of state and federal law, including state and federal laws concerning homeless students and students with disabilities."
School Choice Transportation Applications are processed beginning August 1 in the order they are received. Once applications are processed, families are notified by phone usually within 4-6 weeks.
Other School Choice transportation considerations:
No new bus stops will be created for School Choice students. The closest stop to the student's address will be offered.
Bus loads are evaluated throughout the year and transportation assignments are adjusted accordingly. Preference is given to students living in the school attendance area. Consequently, School Choice students could lose their spot to neighborhood students needing bus transportation.
The needs of eligible students attending neighborhood schools are met first and then bus loads are evaluated to determine available space for School Choice students.
For more information, visit the Transportation FAQs web page or call (970) 490-3232