Please read the following before submitting an application:
- You only need to fill out the School of Choice transportation application if your student is attending a school as a School Choice student for the 2018-19 school year.
- Students attending Kinard, Traut, Polaris and PGA schools are not eligible for busing services.
Applications for the 2018-19 school year are now available!
Students eligible for busing DO NOT need to fill out an application. To find out if your student is eligible, visit the Rider Eligibility web page.
You may submit your bus applications beginning June 1. Once processed, applications are valid for the current school year only. Applications must be submitted every year if you have transportation needs.
Fill out the application completely. Submit a separate application for each student needing transportation. Applications with multiple students will not be accepted. Students may not ride the bus before their application is approved. Until then, parents are responsible for providing transportation.
To submit an application:
- Submit a separate application for each student needing transportation.
- Download and save the electronic application (linked below)
- Fill out the saved application and click submit in the upper right corner (to generate an email with the application as an attachment)
- You may also print and submit the application by mail to Transportation Services at 2407 LaPorte Avenue, Fort Collins, CO 80521
- School of Choice Transportation Application - (En Espanol): For students attending a school outside of their neighborhood boundary.
- Alternative Transportation Application - (En Espanol): For students attending their neighborhood school who need transportation to or from a location different than their primary address (i.e. Grandma's house, split family situations, babysitter) or who live within the walk zone.
- Medical Transportation Application (En Espanol): For students needing short term transportation due to a verified medical condition (i.e. broken leg, illness).
- Career Pathways Transportation Application: For students in the Career Pathways program (formerly VOTECH) who need transportation from their high school to their Career Pathways class (at Front Range Community College or Fossil Ridge High School).
- Boys and Girls Club Transportation Application - (En Espanol): For students registered to attend the Boys and Girls Club who need transportation from their school.
School of Choice Applications:
School Choice busing is offered on a space available basis to School Choice students who apply. Families who participate in the School Choice program are expected to provide their student's transportation to school until their application is approved.
District policy JFBA states - "Students may be required to furnish their own transportation to the choice school or program in which they are enrolled, unless it is determined that transportation is necessary for the District to comply with the requirements of state and federal law, including state and federal laws concerning homeless students and students with disabilities."
School of Choice Transportation Applications are processed beginning August 1 in the order they are received. Once applications are processed, families are notified by phone usually within 4-6 weeks.
Other School Choice transportation considerations:
No new bus stops will be created for School Choice students. The closest stop to the student's address will be offered.
Bus loads are evaluated throughout the year and transportation assignments are adjusted accordingly. Preference is given to students living in the school attendance area. Consequently, School Choice students could lose their spot to neighborhood students needing bus transportation.
The needs of eligible students attending neighborhood schools are met first and then bus loads are evaluated to determine available space for School Choice students.
For more information, visit the Transportation FAQs web page or call (970) 490-3232 or (970) 490-3155.