Poudre School District COVID-19 Dashboards
The COVID-19 Case Dashboard is designed to give our community a transparent look at the prevalence of COVID-19 in PSD.
2021-22 School Year Dashboard
This dashboard displays information from August 16, 2021 the first day primary students were in session, through May 25, 2022 the end of the school year. Dashboard data are refreshed daily overnight.
COVID-19 Summer Dashboard
This dashboard presents case information from May 27 through August 15, tracking cases reported in the district after the last day of the 2020-2021 school year. Because summer programs serve students from across the district using different structures at a variety of locations, cases on the COVID-19 Summer Dashboard are not reported by location.
COVID-19 Case Dashboard Features:
- Total Number of Cases: Case counts reported in PSD for students and staff.
- 14-Day Cumulative Case Count: For a selected day, the sum of cases from the previous 14 days. This area chart visualizes the rate of growth of cases over time.
- Case Count by Location: This shows the number of cases by school site and department.
- Case Count by Date: This bar chart includes a trend line for visualizing the rate of change of cases over time.
Confirmed and Probable Cases (LCDHE Definitions)
- Confirmed case – Someone who has tested positive for COVID-19; can be Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) or rapid test. (NOT an antibody test)
- Probable case – Someone who has had known close contact with a confirmed case and has at least one critical/major (loss of taste smell, new or worsening cough, fever, shortness of breath) or two minor symptoms (runny nose, headache, nausea, muscle or body aches, etc.) and does not have a negative PCR test for COVID-19.
COVID-19 Cases in Communities Served by PSD
This dashboard displays case data provided by the Larimer County Department of Health and Environment by age band for Fort Collins, Wellington, Timnath, Bellvue, and the mountain communities. On this dashboard, we monitor community case trends by pre-K, primary, intermediate, middle, and high school age bands. Additionally, age bands for the majority of staff (23-65) are displayed. This dashboard has a date slider that allows the user to select any specific time window for reviewing cases and trends in the community by age band.
Designated Pre-Outbreaks and Outbreaks
New for the 2021-22 school year, the Larimer County Department of Health and Environment will notify schools and departments when they reach either a pre-outbreak or outbreak status.
Definition: Classroom/activity/team/cohort that has 2-4 probable or confirmed cases of COVID-19, among students/teachers/staff from separate households with onset within 14 days in a single classroom/activity/team or other close contact in the school setting (including transportation to- from- school and affiliated events). If a class/activity/team does not have additional cases after 14 days, the school will be removed from pre-outbreak status.
What happens as a result: Staff, students and families will likely not see any changes as a result of this designation. That is because PSD’s existing protocols, such as universal masking and seating charts, already meet the health department’s recommendations and requirements for pre-outbreak status.
- Beattie Elementary School (November 12, 2021)
- Traut Elementary School (November 10, 2021)
Definition: Five or more probable or confirmed cases of COVID-19 in a single classroom/activity.
What happens as a result: By and large, staff, students and families will continue to follow PSD's existing COVID-19 protocols. Larimer County Department of Health and Environment will require schools/departments to follow targeted contact tracing for any case that occurs after the outbreak designation. This involves identifying and quarantining close contacts of the case, and communicating about assessments and identification of close contacts to staff and parents/guardians of the impacted students. This also means that the quarantine exemption of “both parties in masks” will not apply as long as a school/department is in outbreak status. Students and staff who are fully vaccinated will not need to quarantine.
Note: The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment publicly posts outbreaks for the State of Colorado each week on its website.
Bauder Elementary School (October 4, 2021)
Bennett Elementary School (November 2, 2021)
Cache La Poudre Elementary School (November 10, 2021)
Eyestone Elementary School (October 27, 2021)
Lincoln Middle School (October 27, 2021)
Lopez Elementary School (September 20, 2021)
McGraw Elementary School (November 17, 2021)
Kruse Elementary School (September 21, 2021)
Lesher Middle School (September 3, 2021)
Poudre High School (August 31, 2021)
Zach Elementary School (October 14, 2021)
Resolved Outbreaks from 2020-21 school year and summer 2021
- Bacon Elementary School (April 19, 2021, Resolved May 28, 2021)
- Bauder Elementary School (February 12, 2021, Resolved March 15, 2021)
- Blevins Middle School (November 18, 2020, Resolved March 30, 2021)
- Boltz Middle School (October 28, 2020, Resolved January 19, 2021)
- Cache La Poudre Elementary School (April 4, 2021, Resolved May 23,2021)
- Cache La Poudre Middle School (November 23, 2020, Resolved January 2, 2021)
- Cache La Poudre Middle School (May 10, 2021, Resolved May 29, 2021)
- Dunn Elementary School (April 19, 2021, Resolved May 18, 2021)
- Fort Collins High School (January 15, 2021, Resolved July 7, 2021)
- Fort Collins High School (November 5, 2020, Resolved December 27, 2020)
- Fossil Ridge High School (November 2, 2020, Resolved June 28, 2021)
- Irish Elementary School (May 24, 2021, Resolved June 17, 2021)
- Johnson Elementary School (March 4, 2021, Resolved March 28, 2021)
- Kinard Middle School (February 1, 2021, Resolved May 31, 2021)
- Kruse Elementary School (April 16, 2021, Resolved June 6, 2021)
- Laurel Elementary School (April 19, 2021, Resolved June 7, 2021)
- Lesher Middle School (April 19, 2021, Resolved June 22, 2021)
- Lesher Middle School (December 15, 2020, Resolved December 31, 2020)
- Lincoln Middle School (May 11, 2021, Resolved June 21, 2021)
- Poudre High School (March 1, 2021, Resolved July 2, 2021)
- Poudre High School (November 9, 2020, Resolved December 27, 2020)
- Preston Middle School (December 17, 2020, Resolved January 3, 2021)
- Rice Elementary School (November 19, 2020, Resolved December 7, 2020)
- Rocky Mountain High School (November 5, 2020, Resolved June 25, 2021)
- Shepardson Elementary School (December 18, 2020, Resolved January 16, 2021)
- Shepardson Elementary School (March 9, 2021, Resolved April 6, 2021)
- Shepardson Elementary School (April 19, 2021, Resolved June 11, 2021)
- Timnath Elementary School (May 24, 2021, Resolved June 13, 2021)
- Traut Core Knowledge Elementary School (April 26, 2021, Resolved June 6, 2021)
- Webber Middle School (April 4, 2021, Resolved June 11, 2021)
- Werner Elementary School (February 5, 2021, Resolved March 5, 2021)
- Zach Elementary School (April 21, 2021, Resolved May 31, 2021)