Education is most enriching for our students when they are at school, guided in their learning through experiences designed by educators and staff. We want our students to really see science as it bubbles in a beaker on a lab table before them, just as we want them to feel that moment of synchronization as all members of their band play all the right notes at just the right times.
But most of all, we want to stay safe and keep schools open.
Do your part – avoid small gatherings. Wear a mask. Keep you and your family safe.
We can all do our part to keep schools open
PSD follows current health guidance for K-12 schools from public health agencies, including:
- Larimer County Department of Health and Environment guidance for schools
- Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment guidance for COVID-19 cases and outbreaks in schools
PSD staff, teachers and principals
- Establish and reinforce a culture of health, safety, and shared responsibility.
- Complete the PSD Employee COVID-19 Daily Screener to check for signs and symptoms daily.
- Stay home when ill or showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Wear a face mask at all times and a face shield or other additional personal protective equipment, as called for in PSD safety protocols.
- Monitor student wearing of face masks.
- Plan for face mask breaks outside.
- Arrange the classroom to maximize social distancing.
- Create/choose lesson plans that restrict student contact and allow for social distancing.
- Monitor social distancing.
- Include time in transitions for hand washing. Have students use hand sanitizer when washing hands is not possible.
- Include time in transitions for disinfecting surfaces and materials between uses.
- Replace hugs, handshakes, and high-fives with smiles, waves and thumbs-ups.
- Complete symptom checks for your children every day.
- Keep your child home if they are sick or show COVID-19 symptoms.
- Provide your children with masks and teach them how to wear and care for them.
- Remind your children to maintain safe social distancing and to wash their hands frequently.
- Honor school procedures for school arrival and departure and school guidelines for visitors.
- Let your school know about COVID-19 cases and potential exposures.
- Wear your face masks at all times at school unless otherwise directed.
- Wash your hands frequently and maintain safe social distancing.
- Avoid physical contact with other students.
- Avoid handling other students’ materials (books, pens, computers, etc.).
District and school commitments
- Health and safety prevention measures will be implemented and continuously monitored at all PSD schools and sites to ensure safe environments for everyone.
- Social and emotional support will continue to be provided to students, families and staff during these challenging times.
- Educate every child, every day - PSD is committed to providing students with an outstanding educational experience whether it's in-person at schools, remote learning or a blend of both in the 2020-21 school year.