Welcome to the staff website!
Please log in to access all staff web pages, which include many of the quick links and online tools listed on the right. When entering your username, please do not include "@psdschools.org."
PSD COVID-19 Response
To reach the staff PSD Remote Learning/Tech Hub website and for questions related to PSD's response and staff, visit the PSD COVID-19 Staff FAQ web page. Employees must be logged into the staff website to access this page. Additional information is on the PSD Remote Learning and COVID-19 Response web page.
Order COVID-19 supplies through CSC
Facility Services has a coordinated a request system for needed COVID-related supplies including non-surgical masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, facial tissue, spray bottles, and thermometers. If your department or school needs any supplies, please contact the Customer Support Center at 490-3333. The CSC will submit a request for the supplies, and facilitate getting the supplies to you. Because of frequent supply chain interruptions and shortages, please only order needed items.
Remote work in place - Symptom-tracking tool clarification
Staff who can work remotely are asked to do so at least through June, unless otherwise directed. Those working remotely do not have to fill out the screening application. Anyone planning to physically enter a PSD school or building must report their symptoms and receive a green “pass” beforehand.
The electronic COVID-19 screening application uses PSD SSO (Apple page) and can be used on any mobile device. If an employee is not able to complete their screening prior to reporting to work, they should contact their supervisor regarding steps they should take prior to reporting to work. A link to the symptom-tracking tool is also in the “PSD Bookmarks” folder. Learn more on the COVID-19 Employee Screening Process web page on the staff site.
Access at the JSSC and other sites this summer
Johannsen Support Services Center, 2407 Laporte Ave, Fort Collins: Through July 24, the JSSC is open to the public, staff and new hires by appointment only between 9 a.m. and noon, Monday through Thursdays. To make an appointment, please email email@example.com.
The PSD Operations Center and Security Department:
- The Operations Center is currently closed to the public this summer.
- PSD Security is open by appointment only on Mondays, from 9 a.m. to noon, for staff to get badges. Visitors are required to wear a mask. To make an appointment, contact Security Manager Norm Bastian at firstname.lastname@example.org or Security Access Coodinator Barb Ozee at email@example.com.
Fullana Learning Center, 220 North Grant Ave:
- The Fullana Learning Center is open to the public Tuesdays through Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. through June 26. Visitors are asked to wear masks and to practice safe social distancing based on health requirements.
- Staff are available by email and phone 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Fridays through June 26. Contact information is available on the Early Childhood Education web page.
- Fullana will be closed for summer break June 29-July 12.
- Availability after July 12 has not been determined yet, and will be announced when available.
PSD schools closed this summer: PSD schools are closed to the public all summer while custodial staff disinfects and deep cleans each building. Schools that have been designated for child care, Boys and Girls Club or City of Fort Collins' programs are open for registered participants only (no drop-ins allowed).
Professional development – Summer 2020
The Professional Learning Team’s self-paced, professional development opportunities for educational technology tools for remote and blended learning will continue throughout the summer. Please check out the remote learning training page or the PD page on the Professional Learning EdTech Website. Additional sections of these classes will be available starting June 6, and registration will be available through the PD Online Catalog. Tools include Flipgrid, Formative, Google Classroom, Google Sites, PlayPosit, Pear Deck, SeeSaw and Thinglink.
Save the date – Launch Learning 2020
Licensed staff will have the opportunity to engage in professional development classes to support remote and blended instruction. Tentative dates are Aug. 3-6, and more details will be shared by email in June and July.
PSD’s phone system updgrade
From June 5-15, the IT department will be upgrading the district’s phone service. This upgrade will address concerns, such as the aging telephone systems in the schools, security and the need for more extensions (i.e. the three new under-construction schools).
- After summer break, you'll need to dial the full 7-digit extensions for all numbers in the district, including voicemail. We will no longer be able to dial the 4-digit numbers, even at schools.
- You may have a new IP phone at your desk, connected to your computer. Phase-in for new IP phones begin in the fall.
- You'll retrieve voicemails by pressing the voicemail button on your IP phone, dialing the 7-digit phone number, or going to voicemail.psdschools.org.
- Contact office managers or email the Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- More information will be sent out closer to August, but new guides are available on the Avaya Phones Application page on the Tech HUB.
Software available for summer
District-contracted applications, such as Big Ideas, Envision, Lexia, Wonder and others, will be available for students over the summer. Students will be able to continue using these applications throughout the summer, until integrations/rosters for 2020-21 are completed by Aug. 3. Clever (https://clever.com/in/poudre) will act as a portal to these applications for students. Some applications might have licensing expirations or vendor processes that could affect access.
If students need to use an on-demand application over the summer, please contact the vendor to ensure availability. Teacher access to EdTech Pro-Accounts will continue. As subscriptions are renewed to the EdTech Pro-Accounts for 2020-2021, additional steps needed from staff will be communicated if applicable.
Personal devices can be used to log into applications. Sites are coordinating with Mental Health, Language Culture and Equity, Integrated Services and Early Childhood departments to provide PSD devices to students in need.
PSD IT technical support will continue throughout summer
PSD’s IT Department will support staff and students attending district summer school or programs. Staff should enter tickets in SCO (preferred) or call the Support Center at 970-490-3456 to troubleshoot device issues. If a spare device is necessary, a technician will schedule an appointment with you at the Information Technology Center, 2413 LaPorte Ave., Fort Collins, CO 80521.
In-person support and pickups will be completed by appointment only, no walk-ins. Please complete the PSD COVID-19 Employee Screening Process before coming to the ITC and wear a cloth face covering or mask. If you're sick, your appointment can be rescheduled. Students in summer school or programs who need technical assistance can email email@example.com.