Registration for new students
All new K-12 students register at their neighborhood school. You can find your neighborhood school on the School Locator web page.
- To register new elementary students (K-5), please contact the school your child will be attending.
Note: Kindergarten students must be 5-years-old and first-graders must be 6-years-old on or before Sept. 15, 2019, to register for school for the current 2019-20 school year. Beginning with the 2020-21 school year, the birthday cutoff date will be Oct. 1. Kindergarten students must be five and first-grade students must be six on or before Oct. 1, 2020 (see the updated Superintendent's Policy JEB). Learn more about kindergarten registration here.
- To register new secondary students (6-12), please contact the school to make an appointment with the Registrar.
Online registration available for NEW students registering for 2020-21
NEW K-12 students registering at their neighborhood school for the 2020-21 school year can register online or at their neighborhood school. Online registration will be available beginning Jan. 6, 2020.
- To enroll new students online for the 2020-21 school year and for information about the process, visit the PSD Online Registration for New Students web page.
- Please note: You can also still register new students (K-12) by contacting the school your child will be attending.
Items to bring to registration:
Verification of child’s birth date (birth certificate, passport, baptismal certificate, military ID etc... original or certified copies acceptable - necessary only for new kindergarten students and students new to PSD)
Emergency contact information, including health care provider contact information
Immunization records or a signed State of Colorado Exemption Certificate, or parent statement is required for personal, religious, or medical exemptions to school immunization requirements. Visit the CDE website to see required/recommended immunizations.
Copy of student's academic history or current report card (bring a non-official copy; PSD school personnel will request your student's school records from the previous school after your student is enrolled)
Proof of residency (a copy of a lease agreement, mortgage statement, utility bill, etc.. that shows that parent/guardian lives at address within school boundaries)
Other Home Language and Student Residency Forms:
Registration for PSD students moving to a new school
- Students who attend a PSD school do not need to register for the following year unless they are moving to a new school or level (ie. elementary to middle school and middle school to high school.)
- Fifth grade students will be pre-registered at their neighborhood feeder middle school in February. Fifth grade students will visit feeder middle schools in April.
- Eighth grade students will be registered at their neighborhood feeder high school. Contact each high school for registration details.
- Fifth grade and eighth grade students wishing to attend a middle or high school outside their attendance area (or for a program continuation), must submit a School Choice application.
Transitions to middle and high school
PSD has special orientation days to help students new to middle or high school transition into their new school and routine.
Fifth graders visit their middle school in April and then as incoming sixth graders, attend a special orientation at the start of the school year. Schools also have programs that pair sixth graders with an upperclassman "buddy" to help them learn the ropes during the transition.
High schools have special orientations for incoming ninth graders with upper class mentors available to guide new students. Please contact individual schools for details about the programs.