Student Services' programs benefit students
Student Services provides several programs to benefit students' physical and mental health.
"No person in the U.S. shall, on the basis of sex be excluded from participation in, or denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any educational program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance"
Title IX contacts: The U.S. Department of Education's Implementing Regulations 34 C.F.R. Part 106 requires the designation of a responsible employee to:
- coordinate any investigation of any complaint alleging noncompliance with Title IX
- notify all students and employees of the Title IX contact, office address and phone number
The PSD Compliance Officer for handling reports and complaints of unlawful discrimination/harassment against students and community members is:
Ruben Chacon, PSD Director of Student Services
1630 Stover Street, Fort Collins, Co 80525
The PSD Compliance Officer for handling reports and complaints of unlawful discrimination/harassment against employees is:
Victoria Thompson, Executive Director of Human Resources
2407 LaPorte Avenue, Fort Collins, Co 80521
PSD policies regarding Title IX:
- Policy AC - Nondiscrimination/Equal Opportunity
- Policy AC-R1 -Reporting Discrimination / District Response to Discrimination Complaints
- Policy AC-R2 - Sexual Harassment Investigation Procedures
- Policy AC-E - Discrimination / Harassment Report and Complaint Form
District students and employees who wish to be accompanied on an ongoing basis in District schools, other facilities and/or vehicles by a service animal or service animal in training shall provide at least ten (10) working days’ advance written notice to the appropriate District Section 504/ADA Compliance Officer. Once notice/request is received, a meeting will be held at the receiving school or department.
PSD Policy ADG – Animals in District Facilities and Vehicles