Preparing students for life after high school
PSD workforce readiness programs offer students opportunities to explore careers and take classes for college credit while in high school.
Students build Individual Career Academic Plans (ICAP) in Xello
Poudre School District 6th-12th grade students create and manage their ICAP in Xello.
The Xello platform helps students:
- Build Resumes
- Create a 4 year high school course plan
- Take career, skills, and personality assessments
- Research and apply for college,
- Identify and research in-demand careers
- Find local scholarships
- Connect with local businesses and organizations to find job shadow opportunities, internships and apprenticeships.
Students and parents/guardians:
- Log on to Xello here. You can also find Xello under quick links on your school website's home page. This document will also help you navigate Xello
- Use this How-To Guide to get your ICAP portfolio started.
- Invite your parents or guardians
- From the Xello home page, go to "My Plan" under your name
- Click "Share My Plan," then "Invite a Parent or Guardian."
Earn college credit in high school
A variety of programs offer students both high school and college credit for select courses, as well as other academic and financial benefits. See all options for college, career and technical education classes by visiting the PSD Future Ready Website
Explore careers through classes and internships
Students learn about careers they're interested in through internships at businesses and by taking career and technical education classes. Learn more about work-based learning by visiting the PSD Future Ready Website