Thank you for contributing your time and talent to PSD!
Volunteers: Use the links below to login or register, see opportunities, and log in to the community portal. If registering, please allow up to five days for processing.
What's the difference between a visitor and a volunteer?
A visitor will not engage with students in an unsupervised setting, for instance:
- Lunch with your student (infrequent)
- Someone touring site
- Contractor working on site
- Deliver supplies to site
- Meet with a teacher
All visitors will be security screened upon entry to the school building.
Contact for visitor questions:
Norm Bastian, security manager
firstname.lastname@example.org | 970.490.3523
A volunteer may engage with students in school settings, this includes:
- Help in small groups
- Help with field trips
- Help with an activity or club
- Help with a classroom party
- Help in the library/specials
Volunteers must register and will be background checked in advance.
Contact for volunteer questions:
COVID protocols for volunteers and visitors
- Self-monitoring for symptoms is required before entering a building. Learn about COVID protocols in PSD on the Health and Safety web page.
Volunteer opportunities at schools may be designed to limit the potential for close contact as much as possible.
Reporting if you are exposed to or have COVID
If you volunteer and experience one of the following, please report it to the school as quickly as possible so the COVID Response Team can follow District protocols for cases:
- You are identified as a close contact of an individual who tested positive or probable for COVID-19, or
- You test positive for or are considered probable for COVID-19 yourself.
- Go to the PSD Protocols for COVID-19 web page for information about returning to school.
For Charter School volunteer registration, information, opportunities, and COVID protocol, please contact the charter school office directly.
- Compass Community
- Global Village Academy
- Fort Collins Montessori
- Liberty Common
- Mountain Sage
- Ridgeview Classical
Please do not register with PSD.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Are volunteers allowed in schools at this time? It is up to each school's principal and admin team to determine if and how volunteers will be used. Opportunities may be limited.
- Who can register to volunteer? Any individuals over the age of 18, as well as PSD students and staff.
- What happens when I register to volunteer? The account you create with EZ Volunteer is linked with your background check, which initiates at the time of your registration and can take up to a week to complete. If your background check clears, you will receive an automated notification and may proceed to volunteer.
- Do I have to sign an agreement? Yes, the Volunteer Confidentiality Agreement or the Acuerdo de Confidencialidad del Voluntario.
- Do I need to register if I only volunteer for one day or one event? Yes. This requirement applies to all volunteer service, whether it is only for a single occasion or will occur on a sporadic or regular basis, and regardless of the program, event or activity involved. Review the PSD Volunteer Policy KJ here.
- Am I required to register each new school year? No. Please keep your volunteer account updated with school preferences and contact information. PSD's policy is to re-run background checks every three years on active volunteers.