Volunteers for Vision & Hearing Screenings!
No experience necessary! We will train at each session -
- Laurel Elementary - Thursday September 12th, 7:45 - 11:00 a.m.
- PSD Global Academy/Options - Monday & Tuesday Sept. 16 & 17th, 8:30 - 11:00 a.m. Contact Robin Herd with questions firstname.lastname@example.org
- Irish Elementary - Thursday September 19th, 9:00 - 11:00 a.m. Contact Sara Sandoval email@example.com
Sign Up link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f44aaac28a3fe3-irish
- Shepardson Elementary - Friday September 27th, 9:30 - 12:00 noon.
- Beattie Elementary - Monday September 30th, 9:00 - 12:00 noon. Contact Duffy Freeman with questions firstname.lastname@example.org
- McGraw Elementary - Tuesday October 1st, 8:00 - 10:45 a.m. Contact Kristi Bode with questions email@example.com
- Timnath Elementary - Monday October 7th, 7:30 - 12:15 p.m. Contact Meg Sollee with questions firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bauder Elementary - Tuesday October 8th, 8:30 - 12:45 p.m. Contact Gina Shimpa with questions email@example.com
- O'Dea Elementary - Thursday October 10th, 8:30 - 1:00 p.m. Contact Tammy Cline with questions firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign Up link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f44aaac28a3fe3-odea
- Zach Elementary - Monday October 14th, 8:00 - 1:00 p.m.
Sign Up Link: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20f0f44aaac28a3fe3-zach
- Bennett Elementary - Tuesday October 15th, 9:00 - 12:00 noon. Contact Millie Martinez with questions email@example.com
- Dunn Elementary - Monday October 21st, 8:50 - 12:00 noon. Contact Barb Gomez with questions firstname.lastname@example.org
- Olander Elementary - Thursday October 24th, 7:45 - 12:00 noon. Contact Stephanie Garner email@example.com
Shepardson Elementary -
Would you like to help out in a Kindergarten classroom at Shepardson Elementary? Or would you like to help out with stapling math pages and making copies for us? If so, please email Gabriella at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970.488.4548.
Partners with programs in our schools!
Partners Mentoring Youth - School-Based Mentoring Volunteer Opportunity:
Partners Mentoring Youth is seeking volunteers for our School-Based Mentoring Program, a joint venture with Poudre School District. The program places community volunteers in schools to provide one-to-one mentoring services to students who are facing significant challenges in their social, academic, and/or personal lives. The commitment for volunteers is a minimum of 1 hour each week for at least one academic year. Matches are based on the needs of the youth, as well as on schedules, personalities, and shared interests. Partnerships decide how they spend their time together; activities could include eating lunch together, listening to music, shooting hoops, or just hanging out. We are recruiting mentors for the 2019-2020 school year and request inquiries by July to ensure volunteers are screened and trained by the fall. Partners also has community mentoring opportunities open at this time. Please contact Vanessa Lewis at email@example.com or 970-484-7123 to learn more!
How to keep a balanced budget. Understanding credit cards, taxes, and insurance. How to successfully interview for a job. Don’t you wish that someone had taught you those things as you were growing up? Now there is someone. YOU.
In as little as one hour a week, you can make a difference in the lives of young people in your community. Your volunteer experience with Junior Achievement (JA) will open new pathways for youth and leave you feeling proud, energized and hopeful about a better future for our young people! JA provides everything you need to be successful in the classroom, including training on how to use JA’s hands-on, proven curriculum. JA staff is always available if you have any questions!
After being matched with a classroom (in a location and program of your choosing), you will then schedule your weekly visits directly with the teacher.
Elementary Programs: 5 visits of 30 to 45 minutes each
Middle School Programs: 6 visits of 45 to 60 minutes each
High School Programs: 7 to 12 visits of 45 to 60 minutes each
To inquire about volunteering with Junior Achievement contact Victoria Sweet, Manager of Volunteer Engagement | Junior Achievement–Rocky Mountain, Inc. 295 East 29th St. Suite 30 | Loveland, CO 80538 Phone: 970-490-1035 | Cell: 970-222-1934 VSweet@JAColorado.org