PSD Insight is a leadership program for people who want to learn about the history, governance, budget and curriculum of Poudre School District and its 50 schools. The goal is to educate and motivate leaders who want to be involved in education and our local schools to help shape the future for PSD students.
- Broaden participants' knowledge of the school district and enhance their leadership skills
- Encourage participants to get involved in PSD and schools
- Increase the strength and effectiveness of our educational advocates
- Equip participants with the skills to respond to challenges of the school district and public education
- Provide opportunities for contact with schools, district operations and community leaders
Session topics for the program are:
- Governance and Policies
- School Finance
- Curriculum, Instruction & Choice
- Safety & Facilities
- Mental Health & Wellness
- Legislative Advocacy
Anyone interested is encouraged to apply but must meet these requirements:
- Reside or be employed within the Poudre School District boundaries
- Be at least 21 years of age at the time of application.
- Submit a complete application (access it here)
- Be able to attend ALL sessions, if selected.
An Application Review Committee (comprised of PSD staff and parents) reviews applications and selects up to 25 participants for the class. Applicants not selected for a particular PSD Insight class may reapply for a future one by submitting another application.