Community volunteers needed to serve on Audit Committee
The Poudre School District Board of Education is seeking community members with financial experience to serve on the PSD Audit Committee for a 2-year term.
The audit committee, which consists of five community members and two PSD Board of Education members, assists the board in fulfilling its financial oversight responsibilities.
Committee responsibilities include oversight of the independent external audit of the district’s financial statements, a quarterly review of the district’s financial statements, evaluation of the efforts of the external auditor and recommendation of the selection of the external auditor, and providing input to help conduct two-hour meetings in the morning (7 to 9 a.m.), five times a year (February, May, August, October, and November). Additional meetings may be held occasionally to work on special committee projects.
Interested community members are asked to submit a letter of interest outlining pertinent qualifications by Monday, Jan. 27, to:
email@example.com or Danielle Chenoweth, PSD Finance Department, Johannsen Support Services Center, 2407 LaPorte Ave., Fort Collins, CO 80521
Employees and contractors of the district or immediate family members are not eligible to serve on the committee.
For more information, contact Danielle Chenoweth, administrative assistant to the executive director of finance, at 970-490-3649.
The PSD Audit Committee acts as an adviser to the PSD Board of Education regarding its financial responsibilities. The Audit Committee is not responsible for the financial tasks of the Board of Education (BOE), Superintendent, or Finance Department.
Meetings are held from 7 to 9 a.m. at the Information Technology Center, 2413 LaPorte Ave.
- Thursday, February 13, 2020
Audit Committee duties include:
- overseeing independent audits of district financial statements, providing open communication between the external auditor, the BOE and the Superintendent
- reviewing district practices and procedures
- recommending auditor selection
- presenting annually to the BOE
- other tasks described in the PSD Audit Committee Charter.
- Mark Hartman, Community Member
- Rob Petterson, Board Director
- Carolyn Reed, Board Director
- Brian Richmond, Community Member
- Mandy Sharpe, Community Member