Volunteers Needed to Serve on Audit Committee
The Poudre School District Board of Education is seeking community members with financial expertise to serve on the PSD Audit Committee. Members serve a two-year term and may serve multiple terms.
The PSD Audit Committee, which consists of five community members and two PSD Board of Education directors, assists the board in fulfilling its financial oversight responsibilities.
Meetings, which include key Finance Department management staff, are held five times a year (February, May, August, October, and November) from 7-9 a.m. at 2413 LaPorte Ave., Fort Collins, CO 80521. Additional meetings may be held occasionally to work on special committee projects.
Employees and contractors of the district or their immediate family members are not eligible to serve on the committee.
Audit Committee duties include:
- oversee independent audits, provide a forum for open communication between the external auditor, Board of Education, and the superintendent
- review and make recommendations for district practices and procedures
- participate in the selection of the independent external auditor and recommend auditor selection
- other tasks as described in the PSD Audit Committee Charter
The PSD Audit Committee acts as an adviser to the PSD Board of Education regarding its financial responsibilities. The Audit Committee is not responsible for the financial tasks of the Board of Education (BOE), superintendent, or Finance Department.
- 7-9 am Thursday, August 10, 2023 (regular meeting at 2413 Laporte Avenue, Fort Collins, CO 80521)
Current Committee Members
- Mark Hartman, Chair, Community Member
- Brian Richmond, Member, Community Member
- Conor Duffy, Member, Community Member
- Lisa Kutcher, Member, Community Member
- Jim Brokish, Director, Board of Education
- Carolyn Reed, Director, Board of Education
- Dave Montoya, Chief Financial Officer
- Kera Badalamenti, Director/Controller, Finance
- Autumn Aspen, Legal and Policy Counsel
- Brian Gustafson, Budget Director
- Shannon Barnes, Administrative Assistant to the Chief Financial Officer
More information: Annual Report of the Audit Committee 2022FY