Community volunteers needed to serve on Audit Committee
The Poudre School District Board of Education is seeking community members with financial experience to serve on the PSD Audit Committee for a 2-year term.
The Audit Committee, which consists of five community members, two PSD Board of Education directors, and three PSD staff members, assists the Board in fulfilling its financial oversight responsibilities.
Committee responsibilities include oversight of the independent external audit of the District’s financial statements, a quarterly review of the District’s financial statements, evaluation of the efforts of the external auditor and recommendation of the selection of the external auditor, and providing input to help conduct two-hour meetings, five times a year (February, May, August, October, and November). Additional meetings may be held occasionally to work on special committee projects.
Interested community members are asked to submit a letter of interest outlining pertinent qualifications to:
email@example.com or Danielle Chenoweth, PSD Finance Department, Johannsen Support Services Center, 2407 LaPorte Ave., Fort Collins, CO 80521
Employees and contractors of the district or immediate family members are not eligible to serve on the committee.
For more information, contact Danielle Chenoweth, administrative assistant to the executive director of finance and district legal and policy counsel, at 970-490-3649.
The PSD Audit Committee acts as an adviser to the PSD Board of Education regarding its financial responsibilities. The Audit Committee is not responsible for the financial tasks of the Board of Education (BOE), Superintendent, or Finance Department.
Meetings are held in the Information Technology Center, 2413 LaPorte Ave.
- 7-9 a.m. Thursday, May 20, 2021*
*Meeting to be held online due to current social distancing regulations. Members of the public interested in viewing the meeting should email Danielle at firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to view the meeting, participants must have the Microsoft Teams application, which can be downloaded for free here.
Audit Committee duties include:
- overseeing independent audits of district financial statements, providing open communication between the external auditor, the BOE and the Superintendent
- reviewing district practices and procedures
- recommending auditor selection
- presenting annually to the BOE
- other tasks described in the PSD Audit Committee Charter.
Current Committee Members:
- Mark Hartman, Chair, Community Member
- Brian Richmond, Member, Community Member
- Lisa Kutcher, Member, Community Member
- Rob Petterson, Director, Board of Education
- Carolyn Reed, Director, Board of Education
- Dave Montoya, Executive Director, Finance
- Kera Badalamenti, Director/Controller, Finance
- Autumn Aspen, Legal and Policy Counsel
- Danielle Chenoweth, Administrative Assistant, Finance and Legal and Policy Counsel