Poudre School District is a high-performing district, covering more than 1,800 square miles in northern Colorado with diverse school settings.
PSD serves 30,000 students and includes 50 schools and four charter schools. PSD, the ninth largest school district in Colorado, encompasses several communities including Fort Collins, Laporte, Timnath, Wellington, Red Feather, Livermore, Stove Prairie, and parts of Windsor.
Vision: Poudre School District exists to support and inspire every child to think, to learn, to care, and to graduate prepared to be successful in a changing world.
Mission: Educate...Every Child, Every Day
PSD's instructional program is centered around District Ends, under the Policy Governance model, developed to support a comprehensive curriculum.
While more than 70% of PSD families choose to send their children to their neighborhood school, the district does support school choice and offers a wide spectrum of educational programs to fit any child's needs. Program options include International Baccalaureate, Core Knowledge, Bilingual/Dual Language Immersion, Hybrid/Online, Expeditionary Learning, Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) along with extra-curriculars and athletics.
PSD has two LEED certified school buildings and over 40 Energy Star awards and supports operational sustainability in all areas of work.
- 31 elementary schools
- 10 middle schools
- 4 comprehensive high schools
- 6 option (100% choice) schools
- 3 alternative high schools
- 4 charter schools
- 1 online school
Reports and Data
- PSD's Annual Accountability Report
- PSD Demographics
- PSD Public Data and Reports
- Fiscal Transparency
- PSD Budget Frequently Asked Questions
- Student Performance & Outcomes - Find district performance data at the Colorado Department of Education's SchoolView website.
About Our Area
Nestled against the foothills of the Rocky Mountains and alongside the banks of the Cache La Poudre River, Fort Collins is located 5,000 feet above sea level and has a moderate climate with an average of 300 days of sunshine and 14.5 inches of precipitation a year.
Fort Collins has been recognized as a choice city.
- 5th Best Performing City - Milken Institute (2018)
- 4th on Bloomberg Brain Index (2017)
- 16th Best Place to Live - Livability (2017)
- Top 3 Digital City Winner - Digital Communities (2015)
- Ranked best place to live/work for young professionals by Next Generation Consulting (June 2009)
- Named #1 place in Colorado to raise a family by Business Week (2008)