Student count increases to 30,463
Poudre School District’s total student count for the 2018-19 school year increased to 30,463, marking a rough 1.5 percent increase over 30,019 in the 2017-18 school year. PSD’s growth outpaced statewide enrollment, which increased 0.1 percent, according to state data.
The student count is captured each year in October as part of a point-in-time metric set by Colorado to measure public school enrollment.
PSD’s total figure includes all K-12 students and student enrollment in PSD-authorized charter schools, early childhood education and other district programs.
The 30,463 count cements PSD once again as the ninth-largest Colorado school district. See a list of Colorado school districts and their enrollment on the CDE website.
Data, demographics and profiles
2018-19 school year
- Asian: 2.9%
- Black/African American: 1.2%
- Hispanic/Latino: 18.3%
- Native American/Alaskan Native: 0.5%
- White: 73.1%
- Other minorities: 4%
- Free/reduced lunch participation: 31%
- Special education: 8.7% (2,655 December count enrollment)
- Gifted and talented: 11.7%
- English language learners: 6.3%
- Certified: 2,036
- Classified: 1,598
- Administrators: 150
- Total teachers: 1,525
- Average teaching experience in PSD: 12 years