Transportation in the 2020-21 school year
PSD’s Transportation department is striving to maximize student ridership while following state and county safety guidelines for bus transportation.
When PSD is in Phase 3:
In alignment with the district’s 2020-21 school year plan, PSD will bus students for whom transportation is legally required, as well as many students who applied for and are approved for bussing. Those who applied but live within walking distance of their school or applied to a PSD school of choice are not eligible. PSD instituted a transportation registration process this school year because current public health guidance significantly limits the number of students on each bus.
- Seating will be limited to one rider per seat; two can ride on one seat if both riders are from the same household, to follow public health guidance. Drivers, students/riders must wear masks or face coverings at all times when on the bus. Students will not be permitted to board a PSD bus without a face covering/mask.
- Parents will be expected to take their child’s temperature and symptom screen before leaving the house and to ensure that an ill student does not ride the bus.
- When students enter the school bus, they will load the bus from the rear to the front of the bus and unload the school bus from the front of the bus to the back when possible.
- Students must stay in their assigned/marked seat and not shift or change location while on the bus or at any point during the year.
- Windows and vents on the bus will be left open or slightly open at all times to ensure improved ventilation.
- All buses will be disinfected at least twice daily.
- Students will not be permitted to eat or drink on the bus.