Transportation in the 2020-21 school year
PSD’s Transportation department is striving to maximize student ridership while following strict state and county safety guidelines for bus transportation. At this time, PSD is required to follow the safety guidelines of a maximum of one student per bench seat on our bus routes, with the exception of seats that can be shared by two students in the same household. PSD will continue to monitor guidance from the state and county and make adjustments to seating plans accordingly.
When in-person learning at schools resumes: Transportation will automatically be provided only to those students for whom transportation is legally required (i.e. students with Individualized Transportation Plans (ITPs), McKinney-Vento students, and students in foster care
The district may be able to bus some additional students, and will determine those riders from among families who have applied for services in the 2020-21 school year. Busing will not be provided for any school-of-choice students during the 2020-21 school year.
Here's what to expect:
- Transportation will notify families after Aug. 1 about if they will receive bussing services.
- Face coverings will be required for all drivers/riders to board the bus.
- All buses will be disinfected at least twice daily.
Protocols for riders:
- Students must wear masks or face coverings at all times when on the bus. Students will not be permitted to board a PSD bus without a face covering/mask.
- Parents will be expected to take their child’s temperature and symptom screen before leaving the house and to ensure that an ill student does not ride the bus.
- When students enter the school bus, they will load the bus from the rear to the front of the bus and unload the school bus from the front of the bus to the back when possible.
- Students must stay in their assigned/marked seat and not shift or change location while on the bus or at any point during the year.
- Windows and vents on the bus will be left open or slightly open at all times to ensure improved ventilation.
- Students will not be permitted to eat or drink on the bus.