PSD guidelines regarding school closures due to weather: school closure; delayed start; or early release.
Please note: If all schools are open, information may not be sent to parents via email or posted on the PSD website. Please do not call schools or district offices.
1. School Closures Due to Weather:
Decisions about weather-related school closures are made by 5:30 a.m. Parents and staff will be notified by email, by phone, and information will be posted on the PSD website and Facebook page. Local media will be notified.
- When schools are closed, all school activities and athletics are cancelled. B.A.S.E Camp is closed also.
- High school students who attend classes at Front Range Community College or Colorado State University should check with the college to determine if classes are in session.
2. Delayed Start of Schools:
Delayed start decisions are usually made by 5:30 a.m. Parents and staff will be notified by email, phone and information will be posted on the PSD website and Facebook page. Local media will also be notified.
- Bus pick up times: Buses will pick up students at bus stops 2 hours later than the regular schedule. Road conditions may increase travel time for buses and students may have a longer wait time at bus stops.
- Drop off and arrival times: Students who walk to school, are dropped off or who drive should arrive 2 hours later than regular arrival times. Please do not arrive earlier.
- Kindergarten and Early Childhood programs: Morning-only kindergarten and Early Childhood programs are cancelled during a delayed start schedule. Afternoon kindergarten and Early Childhood programs follow normal schedules. Full-day kindergarten and Early Childhood programs start 2 hours later than normal and release on time.
- Before- and after-school childcare: B.A.S.E. Camp will open at the normal time for students who attend the program.
- School dismissal times: Schools will dismiss students at normal times. Bus drop-off times in neighborhoods and parent pick-up times at schools will also be on regular schedule.
- Breakfast: Breakfast will not be served.
3. Early Release of Schools:
If the weather changes to adverse conditions, PSD may decide to release students early. Parents are urged to develop a plan for situations when their student may be released early.
• Parents will be notified by phone and email. In addition,information will be posted on the PSD website and Facebook page. Local media will also be notified.
• B.A.S.E. Camp will not be available after school if students are released early.