PSD facilities currently not available for rent
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, PSD facilities are not available to rent by community groups, organizations or individuals at least through the first quarter of the 2020-21 school year (approximately 9 weeks from the start of school).
This allows district staff time to optimize health, safety, and cleaning protocols before opening up facilities to outside groups. PSD will re-evaluate this decision after first quarter.
PSD is following a staggered plan to responsibly re-open district facilities.
Starting June 22, PSD's outdoor facility spaces will be open for PSD athletics use only. Each school has submitted a plan to the district that details how coaches and athletes will remain compliant with COVID-19 guidance, requirements and orders regarding recreation. Later this summer, PSD will also open gyms and weight rooms for PSD athletic groups, provided groups submit a compliance plan to ensure social distancing is followed and group sizes are limited.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your understanding at this time.
Building Rental and Facility Use process
If you're interested in renting or using a PSD building/facility, please review the following district policies:
- District Policy KF - Use of District Facilities
- Facility Use Guidelines (District)
- Facility Use Guidelines (Community)
Steps / guidelines for using a PSD facility
1. Download/save the the applicable Facility Use Request Form (listed below), fill out, and submit to the Customer Support Center at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to/deliver in person to: 2445 LaPorte Avenue, Fort Collins, CO 80521.
For best results, download the form then complete the information. In browser file saving may not be supported.
- Indoor Facility Use Request Form (District)
- Indoor Facility Use Request Form (Community)
- Outdoor Facility Use Request Form (District)
- Outdoor Facility Use Request Form (Community)
2. Allow 10 business days for the Customer Support Center to process the request.
3. After approval, submit an Acknowledgement of Receipt to the Customer Support Center. The form must be received a minimum of 10 days prior to the event. If the form is not received, the event will be cancelled.
- At this time, a Certificate of Insurance will be required. See the Facility Use Insurance Requirements section below for information on required insurance.
4. Once the Acknowledgement of Receipt and Certificate of Insurance is received, a Facility Use Permit, and attached Event Detail Report, will be issued. Due to security concerns, the Facility Use Permit must be brought to the site during the event. The site custodian may not allow access to the school if the Facility Use Permit is not presented.
5. Please note, a cancellation fee will be assessed if notice of cancellation is not received a minimum of two business days prior to the event.
6. Invoices will be issued at the end of each month in accordance with the district's Facility Use Fee Schedule.
- Building Rental Fee Schedule (effective July 1, 2018)
- Personnel, Equipment, Synthetic Turf, and Additional Fees (effective July 1, 2018)
In accordance with district policy KF - Use of District Facilities, prospective community users shall furnish the district with proof of general liability insurance written on an "occurrence" basis with limits of no less than $1,000,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 aggregate by providing a current Certificate of Insurance. The district, its elected officials, and employees shall be named as additional insureds and a copy of the policy endorsement must be attached to the Certificate of Insurance. Proof of insurance must be submitted to the Customer Support Center before a Facility Use Permit will be issued.
Facility Use Non-Use Days
Per district policy KF - Use of District Facilities, District facilities shall not be scheduled for activities or events by district or community users on days designated as paid holidays for district employees or on the weekends immediately preceding or following paid holidays.
Authorized Support Organizations
Organizations wishing to apply for Authorized Support Organization status must complete the district's Authorized Support Organization Application and provide all applicable documentation. Additional information can be found in the guidelines and application form below:
Developmental Athletic Programs
Programs wishing to apply for Developmental Athletic Program status must complete the district's Developmental Athletic Program Application and provide all applicable documentation.
Community Use of Tracks and Tennis Courts
Community members wishing to use district tracks and tennis courts (French Field excepted) for personal use may purchase a key from the Customer Support Center. Remittance for the key must be exact cash or check only.