Partnerships with schools and students benefit everyone
The PSD Partnership Center connects local businesses, community organizations and volunteers to schools and teachers to support and enhance student learning, work experiences and community involvement.
By collaborating with each other, we help students be successful in and out of the classroom, while creating a skilled future workforce and caring community members.That's a win-win for all!
Supply Our Students drive accepting monetary donations
PSD is grateful for the support the community offers every year to provide school supplies for children in need.
Due to the challenges of COVID-19, the PSD Partnership & Volunteer Office is asking those who would like to contribute to the Supply Our Students drive do so through monetary donations in lieu of actual supplies this year. Donations will be used to provide school supplies to students.
To support the 2020-21 Supply Our Students drive with a contribution, please visit the PSD Foundation Compassion Fund web page, and enter “School Supplies” in the "otherwise specified" box.
For more information about the Supply Our Students program, please contact Beth Higgins, PSD partnership coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the PSD Foundation, please contact Heather Poynter-Lausch at email@example.com.
PSD has a variety of partnerships that include:
- Small and large business partnerships for student workplace learning opportunities, mentoring, job shadowing, and more.
- Community and non-profit organizations that support PSD students and staff through programs like the "Supply Our Students" school supply drive, teacher appreciation offerings and events, in-class reading programs, and fundraisers.
- Parents and community members who volunteer their time and talents to help students and staff.
- PSD Insight Leadership Class for community members who want to learn about the district and how they can be involved in local education. Due to the health crisis and not knowing future social distancing requirements, we've canceled the 2020-21 PSD Insight class. We plan to resume the class in the 2021-22 school year.
Want to get involved or have a great idea? Call or email us!
- If you want to be involved with schools, but aren’t sure how to go about it, email or give us a call. We’ll figure out the best fit and connect you.
- Share your thoughts and ideas that help kids or teachers. We'll work with you and do our best to make it happen! Read about the MAC the Bus project - once a dream and now a reality thanks to our awesome community partnerships!
See what we're up to - follow us on social!