Business Partnership Opportunities in PSD
The PSD Partnership Center collaborates with businesses, non-profit organizations, government entities, community members and parents, who work with our teachers and schools to enhance student learning and experiences.
You can share your expertise with our students and staff in several ways:
- Participate in Leadership PSD, a leadership class for community members who want to learn about the district and how they can be involved in local education.
- Become involved in the Teacher Externships program that connects teachers to local businesses during the summer for a real-world experience they can later share with their students.
- Connect your organization with the Futures Lab program. Comprised of ten specialized pathways, the Futures Lab enrolls students from all PSD high schools. Doing real-world work with community partners is a cornerstone of the Futures Lab model. See partners for each pathway >>
- Connect with a Career & Technical Education pathway. PSD students have access to sequences of courses that are aligned with a variety of career pathways. Each pathway has an advisory committee that brings educators and businesses together to assure the best possible student experiences.
- Support Work-Based Learning opportunities for PSD Students by registering your business in our regional Xello platform, which enables students to connect with your business for opportunities like internships, apprenticeships, mentoring, job shadowing and more.
More about sharing your expertise
- Be a guest speaker at a career fair or in a classroom
- Provide instruction in a specialized area in the classroom
- Host student field trips and interact with students at specific events (ie. reading or mathematics support)
- Work with teachers and staff to create unique and innovative learning experiences for students
- Support existing programs by volunteering or offering other assistance
Others Ways to Contribute
Materials, Direct or In-Kind Donations
Support students and staff through programs like the "Supply Our Students" drive, teacher appreciation offerings and events, in-class reading programs and fundraisers. Email Dawn Feit, PSD Volunteer and Partnership Coordinator >>
BASiCS: Benefitting Students with Core Supplies program: Through the BASiCS program, we connect community groups and businesses directly to schools to help address needs for items like clothing, hygiene items, snacks, school supplies and more. We can help make connections for school fundraisers with businesses, or for additional support through the PSD Foundation. See school requests here >>
Teacher Appreciation Welcome Bags: Add your organization’s coupons or brochures to our New Teacher Welcome Bags, which are distributed to newly hired PSD teachers.
- Tap into the buying power of PSD staff - offer discounts to staff and list your business on the PSD employee discounts web page. Email Dawn Feit, PSD Volunteer and Partnership Coordinator >>
- Donate funds to support other needs in PSD through SchoolPay.
- Donate funds to the PSD Foundation to ignite learning opportunities. The foundation provides resources for teachers to implement innovative programs and projects that impact student achievement.
Have another idea?
- Collaborate with a member of the Career & Innovation Team! Email Nick Peterson, PSD Community & Business Development Coordinator >>