Thank you for your interest in Poudre School District. Substituting is a great way to get connected to both the district and the community.
Monthly substitute hiring for Poudre School District will begin in July 2018 and continue through April 2019.
The applications (named Applicant Pool--LICENSED Substitute and Applicant Pool--CLASSIFIED Substitute) are available via PSD’s applicant system:
Applications are screened within 10 business days.
Licensed Substitute: Replaces a teacher in the event of an absence - must hold a Colorado teaching license or a Colorado 3-year/5-year substitute authorization. Licensed substituting for PSD requires either a Colorado Teaching License or a Colorado Substitute Authorization (3‐year or 5‐year).
Classified Substitute: Replaces a classroom paraprofessional, non‐instructional paraprofessional or clerical position. No teaching license is required for classified substitutes. Licensed substitutes are automatically eligible to work as a classified substitute.
2018-2019 Pay for Subs
Licensed substitutes are paid either a full day or a half day:
- $105.00/Full Day (more than 4 hours)
- $52.50/Half Day (4 hours or less)
Substitutes for Mountain Schools are paid at a higher rate to compensate for mileage (Full/Half):
- Livermore: $127.00/Full Day $73.00/Half Day
- Red Feather: $155.00/Full Day $100.00/Half Day
- Stove Prairie: $127.00/ Full Day $73.00/Half Day
Classified substitutes are paid hourly:
- Non-Instructional Paraprofessional: $11.47/hour
- Instructional Paraprofessional: $12.52/hour
- Special Ed Paraprofessional I: $13.45/hour
- Special Ed Paraprofessional II: $14.42/hour
- Clerical/Office: $11.47/hour
- Health Tech: $13.99/hour