Interested in substituting in PSD?
PSD is actively accepting applications for licensed and classified substitutes. Please use the link below to apply to the applicant pool for either of these positions. Hiring and orientation will begin March 2nd, 2021.
To apply, click on "Apply for a Job"
As the COVID situation evolves, and the state/county provides new guidelines, PSD will continue to review its sub protocols.
Review the updated guidelines below:
Please continue to check this website for updates, and contact HR@psdschools.org with any questions.
Thank you for your interest in subbing in PSD!
Licensed Substitute replaces a teacher, and must hold a Colorado teaching license, or a Colorado 3-year/5-year substitute authorization. *
Classified Substitute replaces a classroom paraprofessional, non‐instructional paraprofessional or clerical position. No teaching license is required for classified substitutes.
*Licensed substitutes are automatically eligible to work as a classified substitute.
Questions about the Colorado licensure process?
Required Background Check: Upon hire, both licensed and classified subs must complete a background check specific to Poudre School District. For licensed subs, this is in addition to what CDE required for licensure. The cost for the background check $40.00 for classified subs and $28.00 for licensed subs at the substitutes expense. More information about background requirements will be discussed at the sub orientation.
STIPENDS FOR SUBSTITUTE AUTHORIZATION HOLDERS NOW AVAILABLE
CDE in partnership with the Colorado Center for Rural Education at the University of Northern Colorado, are please to announce the Colorado Substitute Stipend. Eligible individuals with a valid 1-year, 3-year, 5-year or 2020-2021 Substitute Authorization may qualify for a $300 stipend that can be used to reimburse a variety of costs associated with obtaining a substitute authorization. Visit the Become a Substitute/Guest Teacher webpage for eligibility requirements and application details.
2020-2021 Substitute Pay
Licensed substitutes are expected to work either a full day or a half day:
- $57.50/Half Day (4 hours or less)
- $62.50/Half Day (4 hours or less PERA retiree)
- $115.00/Full Day (8 hours)
- $125.00/Full Day (8 hours and PERA retiree)
- $155.00/Full Day Long term rate
Substitutes for Mountain Schools are paid at a higher rate to compensate for mileage (Full/Half):
- Livermore: $127.00/Full Day $73.00/Half Day
- Stove Prairie: $127.00/ Full Day $73.00/Half Day
- Red Feather: $155.00/Full Day $100.00/Half Day
Classified substitutes are paid hourly:
- Clerical/Office: $12.88/hour
- Instructional Paraprofessional: $14.00/hour
- Health Tech: $14.41/hour
- Integrated Services Paraprofessional I: $15.25/hour
- Integrated Services Paraprofessional II/504 Paraprofessional: $16.30/hour
- Integrated Services Early Childhood Paraprofessional: $16.30/hour