Substitute teacher/para applications are now being accepted. Please apply for the job listing Substitute - Licensed Pool or Substitute - Classified Pool. Licensed subs are automatically eligible to sub for classified positions. Click here to access PSD's applicant system.
Licensed Substitute replaces a teacher, and must hold a Colorado teaching license, or a Colorado 3-year/5-year substitute authorization. *
Classified Substitute replaces a classroom paraprofessional, non‐instructional paraprofessional or clerical position. No teaching license is required for classified substitutes.
*Licensed substitutes are automatically eligible to work as a classified substitute.
Questions about the Colorado licensure process?
Required Background Check: Upon hire, both licensed and classified subs must complete a background check specific to Poudre School District. For licensed subs, this is in addition to what CDE required for licensure. The cost for the background check $40.00 for classified subs and $28.00 for licensed subs at the substitutes expense. More information about background requirements will be discussed at the sub meeting.
2020-2021 Substitute Pay
Licensed substitutes are expected to work either a full day or a half day:
- $57.50/Half Day (4 hours or less)
- $62.50/Half Day (4 hours or less PERA retiree)
- $115.00/Full Day (8 hours)
- $125.00/Full Day (8 hours and PERA retiree)
- $155.00/Full Day Long term rate
Substitutes for Mountain Schools are paid at a higher rate to compensate for mileage (Full/Half):
- Livermore: $127.00/Full Day $73.00/Half Day
- Stove Prairie: $127.00/ Full Day $73.00/Half Day
- Red Feather: $155.00/Full Day $100.00/Half Day
Classified substitutes are paid hourly:
- Clerical/Office: $12.88/hour
- Instructional Paraprofessional: $14.00/hour
- Health Tech: $14.41/hour
- Integrated Services Paraprofessional I: $15.25/hour
- Integrated Services Paraprofessional II/504 Paraprofessional: $16.30/hour
- Integrated Services Early Childhood Paraprofessional: $16.30/hour