Substitute hiring for Poudre School District will continue through April 2019.
To apply for a Licensed substitute or a Classified substitute position, please click the link below. Search for job titles, Licensed Substitute Pool or Classified Substitute Pool.
Applications are screened within 10 business days. Approved applicants will be invited to sign up for a brief sub orientation. Sub orientations take place monthly through April.
Licensed Substitute replaces a teacher. Licensed subs must hold a Colorado teaching license or a Colorado 3-year/5-year substitute authorization. Licensed substituting .
Classified Substitute replaces a classroom paraprofessional, non‐instructional paraprofessional or clerical position. No teaching license is required for classified substitutes. Licensed substitutes are automatically eligible to work as a classified substitute.
Background Check: Upon hire, both licensed and classified subs must provide a background check that is specific to Poudre School District. For licensed subs, this is in addition to what CDE required for licensure. The cost for the background check is at the sub's expense. $40.00 for classified subs and $28.00 for licensed subs. More information about these requirements will be discussed at the sub orientation.
2018-2019 Pay for Subs
Licensed substitutes are paid either a full day or a half day:
- $105.00/Full Day (more than 4 hours)
- $52.50/Half Day (4 hours or less)
Substitutes for Mountain Schools are paid at a higher rate to compensate for mileage (Full/Half):
- Livermore: $127.00/Full Day $73.00/Half Day
- Red Feather: $155.00/Full Day $100.00/Half Day
- Stove Prairie: $127.00/ Full Day $73.00/Half Day
Classified substitutes are paid hourly:
- Non-Instructional Paraprofessional: $11.47/hour
- Instructional Paraprofessional: $12.52/hour
- Special Ed Paraprofessional I: $13.45/hour
- Special Ed Paraprofessional II: $14.42/hour
- Clerical/Office: $11.47/hour
- Health Tech: $13.99/hour