Poudre School District has concluded substitute hiring for 2018-19 school year. Substitute hiring for the 2019-20 school year will begin in June 2019.
Applications are screened within 10 business days. Approved applicants will be invited to sign up for a brief substitute information meeting. Sub meetings take place monthly through April.
Licensed Substitute replaces a teacher. Licensed subs must hold a Colorado teaching license or a Colorado 3-year/5-year substitute authorization.
Classified Substitute replaces a classroom paraprofessional, non‐instructional paraprofessional or clerical position. No teaching license is required for classified substitutes. Licensed substitutes are automatically eligible to work as a classified substitute.
Background Check: Upon hire, both licensed and classified subs must provide a background check that is specific to Poudre School District. For licensed subs, this is in addition to what CDE required for licensure. The cost for the background check is at the sub's expense. $40.00 for classified subs and $28.00 for licensed subs. More information about these requirements will be discussed at the sub meeting.
2018-2019 Pay for Subs
Licensed substitutes are paid either a full day or a half day:
- $105.00/Full Day (more than 4 hours)
- $52.50/Half Day (4 hours or less)
Substitutes for Mountain Schools are paid at a higher rate to compensate for mileage (Full/Half):
- Livermore: $127.00/Full Day $73.00/Half Day
- Red Feather: $155.00/Full Day $100.00/Half Day
- Stove Prairie: $127.00/ Full Day $73.00/Half Day
Classified substitutes are paid hourly:
- Non-Instructional Paraprofessional: $11.47/hour
- Instructional Paraprofessional: $12.52/hour
- Special Ed Paraprofessional I: $13.45/hour
- Special Ed Paraprofessional II: $14.42/hour
- Clerical/Office: $11.47/hour
- Health Tech: $13.99/hour