Apply to Substitute in PSD!
Substitute teacher/para hiring for the 2017-18 school year begins in August 2017 and continues through April 2018.
PSD’s Licensed and Classified substitute applications are available on the PSD Recruit&Hire system by clicking here.
Applications are reviewed within 10 business days. Selected applicants will be notified via email with information on next steps towards sub orientation and employment as a PSD substitute teacher/para.
Licensed Substitutes: Replaces a teacher in the event of an absence - must hold a Colorado teaching license or a Colorado 3-year/5-year substitute authorization. Please see licensing information below. Licensed substituting for PSD requires either a Colorado Teaching License or a Colorado Substitute Authorization (3‐year or 5‐year).
Classified Substitutes: Replaces a classroom paraprofessional, non‐instructional paraprofessional or clerical position. No teaching license is required for classified substitutes. Licensed subs are automatically eligible to work as a classified sub.
2017-2018 Pay for Subs
Licensed substitutes are paid either a full day or a half day:
- $95.00/Full Day (more than 4 hours)
- $47.50/Half Day (4 hours or less)
Substitutes for Mountain Schools are paid at a higher rate to compensate for mileage (Full/Half):
- Livermore: $117.00/Full Day $73.00/Half Day
- Red Feather: $144.00/Full Day $100.00/Half Day
- Stove Prairie: $117.00/ Full Day $73.00/Half Day
Classified substitutes are paid hourly:
- Non-Instructional Paraprofessional: $10.74/hour
- Instructional Paraprofessional: $11.62/hour
- Special Ed Paraprofessional I: $12.57/hour
- Special Ed Paraprofessional II: $13.60/hour
- Clerical/Office: $10.74/hour
- Health Tech: $12.02/hour