Programs and services for families with young children
Mission: We empower our community's eligible children and families to build a foundation for learning, as measured by their readiness for kindergarten and beyond.
Slots still available for preschool for the 2020 -2021 school year! You may also register for for the upcoming 2021-2022 school year!
PSD preschool still has open spaces, and more families than ever may qualify! Families interested in a high-quality preschool program are encouraged to apply.
Learn more about qualifying factors on the Apply for ECE Programs/Preschool web page.
Additionally, PSD gives no-cost family coaching and support for pregnant women and the families of children zero to three-years-old. Currently there are slots open for families expecting a child or whose child is not yet preschool age.
Options for PSD preschool include:
- Preschool classes at PSD sites that will begin remotely, and transition to in-person learning when conditions become safe for classes.
- PSD Virtual - an online only option for the 20-21 school year. For more information about these options, please read this letter to families or our Frequently Asked Questions document.
- In-person preschool classes at some neighborhood and community partner sites. This is subject to change based on current conditions.
ECE staff will be available to assist families with applications at 220 N. Grant Ave. in Fort Collins on Monday-Friday from 8-4pm. Everyone must wear a mask, maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others and follow other posted health protocols. We can also assist you by phone, email and online registration/enrollment. With COVID-19 restrictions in place, you can expect things to be a little different at Fullana. Please see this information sheet to help you prepare for what to expect at Fullana.
Please inquire about locations at 490-3204 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
New online application process for 2020-21 and 2021-2022 school year
Due to COVID-19 building closure at all schools, the PSD Early Childhood Education (ECE) program has modified the way families can apply for programs to receive services.
For the 2020-2021 program year, applications and enrollment forms are available on the ECE website. Forms can be filled out electronically and should be emailed to PSDECE@psdschools.org. The ECE team will notify families by email about their eligibility and/or enrollment status. Intake interviews will take place over the phone, rather than in-person.
Before the closure, the ECE application process was paper-based, and home visits and preschool learning took place in-person.
What do we offer?
- Preschool programs for children ages 3* to 5
- Highly-qualified licensed teachers who partner with families to offer the best services specific to each child.
- Programs and learning environments that help our young children become emotionally strong, skilled and ready for kindergarten.
- Home visits, parent education and mentoring for families
- Evaluations through Integrated Services
- Services for families expecting a child and/or with children from birth to age 3)
- Resources and community referrals
Cost and availability
Many options are available to meet family schedules and needs, including:
- A limited number of half-day, four-day-per week tuition spaces
- Unlimited no-cost spaces for children who qualify for special education services
- Full and half-day no-cost spaces for families that meet admission criteria
2020-2021 and 2021-2022 rates:
- One-time, non-refundable enrollment fee of $50, is due upon placement acceptance
- $3,528 or $392 per month for 9 months for a 2 hour and 45 minute class
- $3,825 or $425 per month for 9 months for a 3 hour and 30 minute class
*Children must be 3 years old by October 1 of the year of enrollment for Head Start, Colorado Preschool Program and tuition-based preschool. Children are eligible on their 3rd birthday for Early Childhood Special Education/Integrated Services. Children who are school-aged 5 or age 5 by October 1 are not eligible for preschool services.
Hours and locations:
Hours at each early childhood school site vary by location.
Fullana Learning Center (Monday-Friday from 8am-4pm)
220 North Grant Avenue, Fort Collins, CO 80521
ECE offices follow the school district's calendar for Thanksgiving, winter and spring breaks.
ECE preschool classes locations: ECE map of schools and community sites.
See what we're up to - follow us on Facebook!