Programs and services for families with young children
Mission: We empower our community's eligible children and families to build a foundation for learning, as measured by their readiness for kindergarten and beyond.
What do we offer?
- Preschool programs for children ages 3* to 5
- Highly-qualified licensed teachers who partner with families to offer the best services specific to each child.
- Programs and learning environments that help our young children become emotionally strong, skilled and ready for kindergarten.
- Home visits, parent education and mentoring for families
- Evaluations through Integrated Services
- Services for families expecting a child and/or with children from birth to age 3)
- Resources and community referrals
Cost and availability
Many options are available to meet family schedules and needs, including:
- A limited number of half-day, four-day-per week tuition spaces
- Unlimited no-cost spaces for children who qualify for special education services
- Full- and half-day no-cost spaces for families that meet admission criteria
*Children must be 3 years old by September 15 of the year of enrollment for Head Start, Colorado Preschool Program and tuition-based preschool. Children are eligible on their 3rd birthday for Early Childhood Special Education/Integrated Services. Children who are school-aged 5 or age 5 by September 15 are not eligible for preschool services.
Hours and locations:
Hours at each early childhood school site vary by location.
**** PSD Early Childhood programs are closed until March 27, 2020 for Spring Break and COVID 19 prevention. For more information, please visit:
Tuition-paying families will receive a pro-rated bill reducing the cost of the days missed when we are closed once the closure is completed.
If your child attends one of our Community sites, please contact that site directly for closure information.
Fullana Learning Center
220 North Grant Avenue, Fort Collins, CO 80521
Hours: 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
ECE offices follow the school district's calendar for Thanksgiving, winter and spring breaks.
ECE preschool classes locations: ECE map of schools and community sites.
See what we're up to - follow us on Facebook!