Remote learning, volunteering and opportunities for ECE families
Remote learning in preschool
Remote preschool is allowed by our funders for students who need to quarantine for illness or symptoms related to COVID. Your teacher will provide activities for you to work on with your child while they are out. If you complete activities and stay in communication with your child’s teacher, your child will be considered present and not marked absent for this time (present/offsite).
When is remote learning an option?
- My family has to quarantine because a family member or child is COVID positive. We have a return date, but will be out of the classroom for 5 days.
- Yes, remote learning is an option. Use your teacher’s learning page to find activities. Make sure you communicate with your teacher as things are completed so your child is considered “present/offsite.”
- My classroom has been shifted to remote by the health department because of a COVID exposure. Will remote learning be in place?
- Yes! Your teacher will let you know when class will meet and provide options for activities to continue your child's learning.
- We will be on vacation. Is remote learning an option?
- No. Remote learning is for COVID/symptom-related absences. It is not approved by our funders for unexcused absences such as vacation.
- My child is sick. Is remote learning an option?
- Maybe. If your child isn’t feeling well, it may be better to stay home and rest. If they are feeling up to working remotely, it is an option. However, we never expect a child to work if they are ill and experiencing symptoms that make it hard for them to work.
Additional remote learning questions
- I was exposed to someone with a positive case, and my family mentor is scheduled to come over. What should we do?
- Family mentors are authorized to do virtual visits in the event of an exposure. Better safe than sorry! Please ask for a virtual visit.
- My child is sick with COVID. When can we return to school?
Teacher learning pages
ECE teachers have online learning pages where parents and guardians can find resources for their child in one place.
Links to ECE teacher learning pages
Click on your teacher's name to access their learning page.
If your child attends a community site, please contact them for details about remote instruction.
Sandra Lee (contact Ms. Lee for information)
Cache La Poudre:
Technology devices for remote learning
To request a tablet or Mifi for your child so they can engage in remote learning, please email email@example.com or call the ECE main office at 970-490-3204. A tablet is loaned to you for the school year, and a Mifi is checked out for short periods of time that your family has been asked to not return in-person at school.
Get involved and volunteer in ECE
We would love your help! Please fill out the volunteer information form. Classroom volunteers are required to have a background check. Those volunteering behind the scenes can participate in Policy Council, parent committees, Health Advisory Board and PACT events. Details about PACT and Policy Council listed below.
Parents and Children Together (PACT) Spring 2022
Next PACT event for Early Head Start families...
Policy Council 2021-22 Meetings
Meetings are held 5:15 to 7:15 p.m. at Fullana, 220 N. Grant Ave, Fort Collins, CO, or you can join virtually. To attend, RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sept. 16 Oct. 21 Nov. 18 Dec. 9
- Jan. 20
- Feb. 17
- March 24
- April 21
- May 19
Spring 2022: English Parenting Workshop
Fall 2023: Spanish Parenting Workshop
Resources and memberships
Headstart resource: Visit the Ready Rosie website for tools that help families create meaningful home learning environments.
Connect with us on social
For social media cuteness - follow us!