Exams rescheduled for fall 2020
The SAT and PSAT that were cancelled last spring for 10th and 11th grade students have been tentatively rescheduled for fall 2020.
Provided that in-person assessments can be held, these optional tests are offered on the following days:
• SAT (for interested 12th graders): October 14 (make-up test date October 27)
• PSAT (for interested 11th graders): October 29 (no make-up date)
Between now and early October, high schools will work with families to identify students who are interested in participating in these optional assessments.
SAT Exam is Free for Colorado High School Juniors
The Colorado Department of Education (CDE) adopted the SAT as the 11th grade college entrance exam in 2017, replacing the ACT that had been in place since 2001.The free SAT exam is usually given to juniors in April. Most colleges accept both the SAT or ACT exam. Students may pay to take the ACT test, if they prefer.
The state reevaluates the contract every five years. A CDE committee awarded the contract to the College Board, because the SAT aligns better to the Colorado academic standards.For more information, visit the CDE website.
Colorado colleges and universities
- Front Range Community College, Fort Collins
- Colorado State University, Fort Collins
- University of Northern Colorado, Greeley
- University of Colorado, Boulder
- Other Colorado colleges and universities (CDE website)