SAT exam is free for Colorado high school juniors
The Colorado Department of Education (CDE) adopted the SAT as the 11th grade college entrance exam in 2017, replacing the ACT that had been in place since 2001.The free SAT exam is usually given to juniors in April. Most colleges accept both the SAT or ACT exam. Students may pay to take the ACT test, if they prefer.
The state reevaluates the contract every five years. A CDE committee awarded the contract to the College Board, because the SAT aligns better to the Colorado academic standards. For more information, visit the CDE website.
Colorado colleges and universities
- Front Range Community College, Fort Collins
- Colorado State University, Fort Collins
- University of Northern Colorado, Greeley
- University of Colorado, Boulder
- Other Colorado colleges and universities (CDE website)